Commodore 64 heading to Virtual Console (in Europe)

500 points? Are you kidding? Nintendo is getting way too greedy. It's too bad, cause I was rooting for them as the underdog coming into this gen.

What's 500 points in real money?
$5. Wii points are pretty straightforward, 100 points = $1. Not like on Live where you need those internet calculators to know how much your points are in dollars(100 ms points = $1.25).

Thanks, but I was looking for it in sterling.

I have searched now and it seems us Brits get the shaft of Wiipoints like everything else, 2000 wiipoints costs £15, and the dollar is still worth about half a pound.

Yeah, us Brits pay some of their share for them so they have cheap goods :LOL:

I wonder if you could buy US Wiipoints with PayPal or something and use them on a PAL Wii...

IIRC the PS3 and XB360 only allows cards from a region to be used with an account for that region. I imagine it's the same. Otherwise everyone would be buying dollar points and buying from US servers!

500 points? Are you kidding? Nintendo is getting way too greedy. It's too bad, cause I was rooting for them as the underdog coming into this gen.

Except, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo doesn't set the price for other virtual console systems. I seem to remember reading about them giving guidance on prices for the Sega Genesis and Turbo Grafix, but that the other companies had the final say. Of course, Nintendo gets a cut from all of them, but I don't think they are taking a larger cut for the Commodore than for the other systems.

Back