Ok so I just played the God of War Chains of Olympus demo.....

Mobius1aic

Quo vadis?
Veteran
I must say, I'm very impressed. The game was translated quite nicely with great gameplay, great graphics (it's got soft shadows!) and smooth framerate to boot. Considering we're always discussing consoles here, we never discuss the handhelds too much (the now non-existent handheld forum got no love). However seeing the PSP pull off things from it's larger PS2 brother not necessarily as well but still impressive never-the-less, I'd like to see some real estimates on the systems capabilities and have some better understanding towards architecture. The PSP is obviously insanely powerful, and I'd love to see some more titles really push the system. Bump or normal maps on PSP would be interesting to see too!

Yer its the 1st game to use the 333Mhz speed, even the Ps2 version doesn't have shadows... BTW its an awesome demo, cant wait for the full game!!

Yer its the 1st game to use the 333Mhz speed, even the Ps2 version doesn't have shadows... BTW its an awesome demo, cant wait for the full game!!

I thought that honor was bestowed on the latest Wipeout? (Pulse)

Wait a second, the first game to use the full clock speed was I believe Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction? And on the shadows thing, were the PS2 versions using shadow overlays or volumetric shadows?

Wait a second, the first game to use the full clock speed was I believe Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction? And on the shadows thing, were the PS2 versions using shadow overlays or volumetric shadows?

Tools of Destruction is the PS3 game. You're thinking of R&C: Size Matters, which is getting a PS2 port.

Demo runs on 266MHz. Just imagine final game :)

/bRoNx
I dont know if demo is officialy released. I played it on PSP with custom fw.

Back