Emergency 360 Backup

Gradthrawn

Veteran
I was greeted by the RRoD after rebooting from "Cannot Read Disc" error. To my delight, a subsequent power cycle worked and the 360 started up normally. However, I'm a bit paranoid now. While its still on, I'm thinking about running out and grabbing a 256MB memory card in order to copy all of my save games. I've tallied up the ones I want to be 240MB even. Am I SOL because the file system doesn't leave that much space or will that work out? I'm also open to any other suggestions. Quick and dirty replies greatly appreciated (as time is an issue!). Thanks for your assistance.

I was greeted by the RRoD after rebooting from "Cannot Read Disc" error. To my delight, a subsequent power cycle worked and the 360 started up normally. However, I'm a bit paranoid now. While its still on, I'm thinking about running out and grabbing a 256MB memory card in order to copy all of my save games. I've tallied up the ones I want to be 240MB even. Am I SOL because the file system doesn't leave that much space or will that work out? I'm also open to any other suggestions. Quick and dirty replies greatly appreciated (as time is an issue!). Thanks for your assistance.

Well there's the option of buying a 512mb memory card. Amazon.com has them for $42.

Is it the hard drive having problems? IIRC, when you send the unit back, you don't send the HDD.

If you're interested in doing a complete backup to your PC, then I would suggest the following Codejunkies products...

XSATA
XPORT
Transfer Kit

http://us.codejunkies.com/Departments/Xbox360.aspx

A more expensive alternative would be to buy Microsoft's 120gb hard drive. It comes with the adapter to move the data from the 20gb to the 120gb. But again, that's a move, not a copy.

Tommy McClain

Well there's the option of buying a 512mb memory card. Amazon.com has them for $42.

How did I miss that? :oops: Problem solved (if I can get it in time).

Is it the hard drive having problems? IIRC, when you send the unit back, you don't send the HDD.

That's good to know. I assumed they wanted the HDD back as well. AFAIK, there aren't any issues with my hard drive.

If you're interested in doing a complete backup to your PC, then I would suggest the following Codejunkies products...

XSATA
XPORT
Transfer Kit

http://us.codejunkies.com/Departments/Xbox360.aspx

A more expensive alternative would be to buy Microsoft's 120gb hard drive. It comes with the adapter to move the data from the 20gb to the 120gb. But again, that's a move, not a copy.

Tommy McClain

Thanks for the links. Those look like good options for regular, interval, backups.

Thanks to all. Even if I don't get the Memory Card in time, I should be good to go if I don't have to send the HDD in.

Back