Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot0061d.jpg

blackops201011111630350.jpg

blackops201011111635136.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not 2005 but oh well.... :)

Nice Gothic 4 shots. Good to see the PC versions gets noticable visual improvements. And to think these games dont come from dev with big budgets yet they put effort unlike other dev houses that barely adds anything if at all despite tremendous budgets.

I agree it still looks dated compared to modern PC games. Even Crysis which is now a 3 years old game looks a generation better.

You should appreciate a DOF filter that keeps objects in the foreground and background sharp but blurs everything at a medium distance.

I agree it still looks dated compared to modern PC games. Even Crysis which is now a 3 years old game looks a generation better.
But then not every PC FPS is Crysis/stalker/Metro.
All I am saying is that it a lot better than MW2 (whose visuals Nebby appreciated few pages back :p)

On screenshots i agree, but in motion, it's pretty good. Plus it runs a lot better (with latest patch) than Crysis, which doesn't look so good in motion if your video card is not powerfull enough to use AA, imo.

On screenshots i agree, but in motion, it's pretty good. Plus it runs a lot better (with latest patch) than Crysis, which doesn't look so good in motion if your video card is not powerfull enough to use AA, imo.

I played it last night and I honestly can't agree here, it's certainly a generation or two behind Crysis and Bad Company. It's the complete package, lackluster voice acting, just "standard" in the audio department.

Maybe it changes in the later levels but this is light-years behind the first Modern Warfare when it comes to gameplay experience. I really had some wow moments in MW, the random spawn locations etc. Treyarch just thinks that 200 npc's running towards you (where only you seem able to kill them) and a Gatling gun makes great gameplay.

This was the case for Cuba, Russia and I'm pretty sure the levels in Vietnam will be much more of the same.
Gameplay>Cannon fodder.

Hmm, agree to disagree :smile:. I think Crysis looks spanktacular even without AA, and it runs okay on modern GPUs despite whatever the reviews might indicate.

Hmm, agree to disagree :smile:. I think Crysis looks spanktacular even without AA, and it runs okay on modern GPUs despite whatever the reviews might indicate.

To be honest, i think Nebula is at fault here :mad:. I looked at his beautiful screenshots, then i looked at my Crysis running on my gts640 (at the time) in 1280*1024, and i was like "wtf ?!" :p

Maybe i should start again with my 5770 and my 1680*1050 monitor.:smile:

Heh, it looks great and runs okay on my GTX260 at 1440x900. Your 5770 is only a little slower than what I have but you might want to lower the res to ~720p so you can rock very high settings.

Make sure to use the command r_UseEdgeAA 2 to enable the edge blur AA at its highest settings.

The thing with Crysis is it got a massive amount of finegrain detail which needs TSAA/MSAA, edge AA set to 2 or slight upscaling for added softness. At native res vegetation tends to be to thin but edge AA 2 fixes this pretty much (for some stupid reason game on high-v.high only uses Edge AA mode 1 which only applies for grass despite mode 2 being practically free and affects whole screen). Anyway Crysis games on my monitor looks better than my screenshots and in motion even more. Though I play at 1440x900 res and let GPU upscale to my native monitor res 1680x1050 aswell as play with 4xMSAA. I find the upscaling to add a smoothness to image IQ removing the pixelation/overly finegrain detail "crawling".

Even without MSAA it looks absolutely fantastic and much better than my screenshots with Edge AA 2 and 1440x900 upscaled to 1680x1050 or even native 1680x1050 which has slightly more perfomance impact in some ocassions (versus 4xMSAA).

Also I use my own TOD mod "YSFX" and with vanilla high settings it runs solid. Actually 1440x900 with high, my TODs and godrays it runs in the 50-60fps range mostly (I got a video of it to though FRAPs shaved of about 50% framerate but it still runs solid desipite it!) but I'll take avg of 25-40fps with ultra like my shots. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ION

The first GTAIV image with house looks stunning. The sky lighting and bloom is the best I've seen in any game and as good as real in such comparable situation. The contrast, intesity, how objects blend with it is breathtaking. Tell me what mod is that, shader mod or becouse I dont believe vanilla game has such quality.

X3: Reunion. 1680x1050, 8xMSAA max settings. Pics of a derelict Paranid freighter, my mammoth transporter and Paranid M2 Odysseus battlecruiser.

26797610.jpg

x34y.jpg

x33a.jpg

x32g.jpg

@ION

The first GTAIV image with house looks stunning. The sky lighting and bloom is the best I've seen in any game and as good as real in such comparable situation. The contrast, intesity, how objects blend with it is breathtaking. Tell me what mod is that, shader mod or becouse I dont believe vanilla game has such quality.

I used a ton of mods but its been so long since i originally took those shots, i don't remember what all i did to it. But as you can see from the framerate, the sampling method trick really put a hurt on my rig.
I do recall the game actually plays pretty decently in First person mode. I had more fun playing it like that than from default.

game has always been tricky for me to get running without doing all sorts of tricks and is why i rarely play it, but i'll have to fire it up again sometime soon. heres a few more from my archives

88438705.jpg

73843766.jpg

22990838.jpg

33511883.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back