bfbc2game20100131105246.jpg

bfbc2game20100131105124.jpg

bfbc2game20100131110037.jpg

bfbc2game20100131110616.jpg

bfbc2game20100131110501.jpg

bfbc2game20100131110558.jpg

bfbc2game20100131110636.jpg

bfbc2game20100131110645.jpg

I have to post a screen of my dog tags window. Every time you kill an enemy with your knife you obtain their dog tags. I went on a knifing spree the other day. I obtained like 4 melee combat pins in one game.

*edit* Here we go:

bfbc2game20100131112624.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BFBC2 PC beta. 32 player match with CCC AI off, DX10, 1680x1050, 4xAA/TSAA, 16xAF, HBAO enabled and max settings and forced vsync. Barely ever dips down under 30fps and then max to 25fps otherwise around 35fps. Same hardware as before that is single stock 4890 and E8400@3.6GHz.

Though for some reason the mosue gets all laggy with HBAO enabled despite framerate above 30fps. Even up in the 40fps region it is the same, laggy. Without HBAO it is well beyond 40-60fps although the more rounds I play the slower it gets so I need to restart the game.

Ofcourse this is a BETA and lacks high res textures that will be in final game as per devs and DX11 has much better graphics especially shadows looks far better and smoother looking stunning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw Ink that is really impressive dogtag list, really impressive. I myself have 5 or 6 dogtags!

I disagree, it could look better but it doesn't look horrible (MSAA and TSAA doesn't work correctly in beta btw). Also it needs to be seen in motion with the massive amount of particle effects, looks much better in motion. And remember this is from the beta and hopefulyl final will get some extra stuff. I am hoping for higher res textures and more geometry and also AFAIK DX9, DX10 or DX11 has same visual IQ in beta. Might not be unrealistic hopes considering beta filesize is 1.44GB and thus large and might have lots of stuff missing/toned down to save filesize space. :smile:

Hey Nebula I took your advice and got some ToD mods. Game runs better when things are blurred by FoD, also looks more convincing when not everything is 100% sharp with AF.

But I want to ask you a taste question. Do you think that it is better to set a higher r_ssao_amount vs. a lower r_ssao_amount, or is the reverse better? I

It gives depth to the scenes. About the SSAO it depends on how pronounced you want it. Either change the amount or strength for it though each TOD has a SSAO strength value and the cvars are multipliers.

Hey I just gave your TOD mod a shot... looks really amazing.

Thanks! :)

It gives depth to the scenes. About the SSAO it depends on how pronounced you want it. Either change the amount or strength for it though each TOD has a SSAO strength value and the cvars are multipliers.

Thanks! :)

Your TOD differs from Real-crisis... Real crisis almost has too much DoF, your is much more controlled (but a bit too brown). Otherwise it looks great. Nice job.

If you want less brownish/yellowish tone then you can disable all or some of these cvars below. It was made this way as highly adaptive TODs for different detail settings (damn proud of it!). Then you will get a 'colder' look instead of a 'warmer' look + a bit more perfomance. :D

r_ColorGradingFilters=0
r_ColorGradingLevels=0
r_ColorGradingSelectiveColor=0

Check out these two pins I received in a game today:

Combat Excellence:

bfbc2game20100201001437.jpg

Nemesis:

bfbc2game20100201001444.jpg

Nemesis. *Evil laugh*

Mass Effect 2 taken with 24x Edge Detect AA and 16x AF.

Let me know if there is some unwritten rule about not posting too many full-size screenshots in one post.

He probably cracked up when he realised he was going to loose his car to the other dude! :LOL:

Really great ME2 screenshots DennisK4 (like the rest of your screenshots! ^^). Really great improvement graphically over the first ME, especially in artwork department. :)

How exactly did you enabled AA ?

Latest ATI driver hotfix has AA support with ME2.

Really great ME2 screenshots DennisK4 (like the rest of your screenshots! ^^). Really great improvement graphically over the first ME, especially in artwork department. :)

Latest ATI driver hotfix has AA support with ME2.
It mentions that its only for Crossfire :S
Also how good is this in motion & on lit surfaces ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back