Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My memory isnt exactly serving me well but did ME1 used spherical Harmonics for its lighting ? I'm saying this cause ME2 uses spherical harmonics.

P.S.[Got an early copy, & the game looks fabulous, much credited due to the improved art direction]

Where should I put theFraglib? I have it under Crysis/game/Shaders/HWScripts/CryFX/ but that's wrong I guess. Just under the rootdir?

Doesn't for me either. I've modified the shaders.pak with the fraglib.cfi, as soon as I turn pom ingame I right away see the loss of 16xAF which is quite sharp and noticeable.

Hey Neb, with regards to that Crysis 'downsampling' tweak (which works great, thanks), is there any way to force a refresh rate IN Crysis? It's just that I game at 100hz at 1280x1024 (so I set 2560x2048 ingame), and it forces Crysis into 60hz. But I couldn't even run that higher resolution at 60hz anyway so I don't get the point of it doing that (especially when I downsample from something like 5120x4096)... I was having a play last night but couldn't see any options ingame to set a refresh rate.

Kinda makes playing with those settings a bit pointless, as a few minutes at 60hz becomes quite straining on the eyes...

Hey Neb, with regards to that Crysis 'downsampling' tweak (which works great, thanks), is there any way to force a refresh rate IN Crysis? It's just that I game at 100hz at 1280x1024 (so I set 2560x2048 ingame), and it forces Crysis into 60hz. But I couldn't even run that higher resolution at 60hz anyway so I don't get the point of it doing that (especially when I downsample from something like 5120x4096)... I was having a play last night but couldn't see any options ingame to set a refresh rate.

Kinda makes playing with those settings a bit pointless, as a few minutes at 60hz becomes quite straining on the eyes...

If you're on ATI you can use Ati tool tray to enforce refreshrate.

Otherwise, on Nvidia, if you google it up there is a fix that forces specific refreshrate at each resolution. It's ONLY for nvidia though, doesn't work for ATI. I used it before when I had the gtx285, it works very well.

All this is DX9 only, I don't think there is any way to force refreshrate in DX10, so if the game, in DX10, does not have a way of setting refreshrate, you're out of luck.

Haven't seen any command yet to force refresh rates. I'll try to find a solution. :)

If you're on ATI you can use Ati tool tray to enforce refreshrate.

Otherwise, on Nvidia, if you google it up there is a fix that forces specific refreshrate at each resolution. It's ONLY for nvidia though, doesn't work for ATI. I used it before when I had the gtx285, it works very well.

All this is DX9 only, I don't think there is any way to force refreshrate in DX10, so if the game, in DX10, does not have a way of setting refreshrate, you're out of luck.

He means he got 100Hz ingame until he changes width and height for SSAA making the game revert to 60Hz despite being on the same 100Hz supporting res. This is most likely a thing to do with the CE2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen any command yet to force refresh rates. I'll try to find a solution. :)

Thanks, I've had no such like finding a workaround.

He means he got 100Hz ingame until he changes width and height for SSAA making the game revert to 60Hz despite being on the same 100Hz supporting res. This is most likely a thing to do with the CE2.

Exactly... By the way it acts I seriously doubt there's any kind of fix, but I suspect it's merely some quirk of the engine. It's just a bit silly how it enforces 60hz when downscaling from a resolution that could never even be supported in the first place... Like somehow it's protecting you from doing something 'wrong' with your resolution :p

Bad Company 2 Beta! Remember folks, this is only the beta build, so it's work in progress. But it's great work.

bfbc2game20100129121105.jpg

^ SCAR unlocked!

bfbc2game20100129123059.jpg

bfbc2game20100129121421.jpg

bfbc2game20100129121916.jpg

bfbc2game20100129121806.jpg

More to come!

One thing which I hate about this game is how aliased it is no matter how much AA you stuff in, and A2C on some of the foliage here & there and [all of the] fences doesn't helps either.

I have single 4890 and can select 'edge detect' for better AA.

I can do that as well silly, But you try running edge detect on newer games, I tried it on F.E.A.R 2 and it was 30fps or lower 80% of the time and that was only 12xAA and not the full blown 24xAA!!!

Well actually I can run 'edge detect' 12xAA in Crysis Wars v.h and hover above or around 30fps. Crysis and Warhead gets about minus 5fps or more so that is a bit to much to keep 30fps. :D

I play Crysis games at 1440x900 so that explains why it is runs better! :p

Hey Nebula I took your advice and got some ToD mods. Game runs better when things are blurred by FoD, also looks more convincing when not everything is 100% sharp with AF.

But I want to ask you a taste question. Do you think that it is better to set a higher r_ssao_amount vs. a lower r_ssao_amount, or is the reverse better? I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back