Mobo & Video card Question

linthat22

Regular
Alright, I've decided on an Asus P5K Deluxe mobo, but I'm wondering if the video cards will fit.

I'm currently looking at getting this for my machine and my wife's.

The fans look massive and I didn't know if they'd work. It's a crossfire mobo, but does that account for the fan and plastic?

If Asus and ATI followed the designated layout guidelines, it will fit.

Do yourself a favor and wait another week-and-a-half for the HD 3850/3870. Much lower price, better performance and a whole lot lower TDP.

Do yourself a favor and wait another week-and-a-half for the HD 3850/3870. Much lower price, better performance and a whole lot lower TDP.

Waiting isn't a problem, but will waiting for either of these cards be worth the wait overall and not the start of a "if I just wait a few more weeks...."? instead of biting the bullet now?

I'm up for better performance versus cost any day. I am just curious as to your opinion or anyone else's. It's always appreciated.

Waiting isn't a problem, but will waiting for either of these cards be worth the wait overall and not the start of a "if I just wait a few more weeks...."? instead of biting the bullet now?

I'm up for better performance versus cost any day. I am just curious as to your opinion or anyone else's. It's always appreciated.

If the question is literally "wait a few more weeks" then pretty much always wait. The time you don't want to wait is when you are talking months.

Back