• <6.0 hours on Hard difficulty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10.0-11.x hours on Hard difficulty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
A companion thread to the H3 duration thread. Reviewers tell us how long these games are, but what are real player's experiences? (might be worth considering other titles, for comparison of review lengths to player lengths. Recommend titles here! How's about God of War and Gears of War?)

Note : You can vote multiple times for different difficulty ratings.

Well for me - on my first run through I went quite slowly. I would often play through chapters again, or certain sections if I enjoyed them...and I played it over a week. So I've voted as 10-11hours on medium. I'm playing on Hell mode now...and although I'm dying a lot more (a lot more!) I might finish it quicker.

GOW took me about 10 hours.
POPSands about 8-9hours
POPWW - about 14hors
TRlegend - about 8 hours
ICO - 8hours
SOTC- 12-14hours

etc.

For normal difficulty It took me ~6hours. I have restarted in hell mode and likewise am finding dying much easier :D

HS was a great game, I was compelled to finish it within a week. This is in contrast to other games like God of War and NGS which I have never finished. So for people with 'gaming ADD' like myself, HS is a perfect game.

finally got the game! i just beat chapter 2 but i have to charge my controller. it took me about 2.5 hours to get here. at this rate, ill probably be in the 8-9 range which is the same as GoW, yet GoW was never criticized for its length.

anyway, loving it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I vote again later on Hard, when I've had the chance to tackle it? ;)

HS is certainly not the longest of games, but it mainly loses out because other AAA games with short-enough campaigns for most people (like Gears and H3) have a pretty big multiplayer component as well; or even an amazingly-big "this is the real reason I bought this game" component.

It'd be nice to see some other "life extension" updates get released at some point. Obviously multiplayer would be hard because of the style of game HS is, but there are plenty of interesting game modes that could be thrown out there. NGS seems to be doing just that. (Though I don't like the not-cheap-enough cost for what seem like pretty trivial mode additions. I might be mistaken on that, not having played them, but that's what it seems like from the outside.)

Can I vote again later on Hard, when I've had the chance to tackle it? ;)
Yep. I'm hoping the poll shows the difference, which is something to consider when reviews come in. If they only review easy modes, and in the hard modes it's a lot longer because you have to be careful playing the game, than a review duration isn't an accurate representation of the full length of gameplay, at least for hardcore gamers who aren't just after an easy relaxing, no effort experience.

I voted 8.0-9.x hours on medium, that's mainly because I got stuck on the last boss fight.
Kudos @ the people who managed to beat him the first time.

What I wonder is do we really know how long we play games without an hour timer? Although time played is actually longer with such games because few track the time you spent reloading a save after dying. Are we accurate about guessing if we didn't meticulously keep track? I know I'm not. I have no idea how long it took me to play through Heavenly Sword.

I think it's just wall clock time tracking. The loading screens are long, but I don't think it will affect the estimates too much because the default difficulty are not hard.

I think it's just wall clock time tracking. The loading screens are long, but I don't think it will affect the estimates too much because the default difficulty are not hard.
Well I always play games in several sessions, even the shorter ones (as I'm sure many of us do). If you sat there and played through the game in one, or at most two sessions watching the clock and remembering might be feasible. But who would purposely do that :???:

It would be case by case isnt' it ?

I usually play at 15 minutes to 1 hour sessions (for replaying Resistance, MotorStorm and random PS3 demoes). For HS, I completed Chapter 1 to 4 in 2 sittings (6+ hours to beginning of Chapter 5). Again, the loading time is long but I don't think it will affect the final estimate that much... at least not in my case. If you play it in multiple short sessions, then yes.. if you don't make any effort to remember, then it will be hard to come up with an accurate figure.

Interesting vote, i see some names i didn´t think even owned a PS3 (based on their posts of course).

Hopefully i will get a chance to aquire this game soon at a cool 95 dollars :)

I'd love to vote but im not through yet. Got the game last friday (a week ago) and im on chapter 2 now but i think i already played like 4 hours (though im not playing so frequently...).

Back