[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

A Crack in Time will have 2 demoes:
http://www.ps3center.net/news/3810/two-ratchet-and-clank-acit-demos-coming-to-psn-/

Discussed on the latest recording of the Full Moon Show, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time will be getting the dual demo treatment. Insomniac explained that the demo they originally planned was too big, so they had to split it in to two separate demos. One will be a level featuring some Ratchet gameplay, while the other will be a level centered around Clank. Insomniac Games community manager James Stevenson later commented on NeoGAF that the demo would hit prior to the release of the game, which is October 27.

This month's Qore has a part on R&C, it got me hyped. I think this is my most looked forward to game this fall.

Looks like they are finally going to start to hype this game. It might be a little late though. I think most people have already decided which games they are going to get over the holiday season.

I think it is one of the few games that does stand out. I think you guys are thing more along the line of marketing blitz, it won't get one.

Maybe the two demos and word of mouth might make up for marketing cash.

Well, I've alredy ordered R&C:CiT and can't wait when it finally arrives! Besides Uncharted 2 (SP), it's my most anticipated game for this fall!

I was always going to get it. I just kinda forgot all about it in my excitement over games like Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend. Maybe it's all the better for it, not knowing so much about it beforehand.

I preordered ACiT and U2 a few weeks ago. ^_^

I have no doubt they will offer memorable gaming experiences. It's just that there seems to be rather little activities in the R&C thread compared to U2 and Demon's Souls. May be they are going the demo route to promote the game. ACiT will have 2 demoes.

Demon's Soul has word of mouth, it came out in Feb. I think R&C will do fine considering its budget and marketing. The first game was well received and created lots of new fans. I know three of my friends that loved Tools of Destruction and had never heard of the series until then.

It's already pre-ordered, along with COD:MW and UC2.

Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and Guerilla are all producing the most superb PS3 only games. Between them they have made owning the console a joy!

I would add From Software to the list. I am completely floored by their achievements in Demon's Souls. Completely floored. Woke up at 4:45 am today to go to "work" :p The enthusiasm will probably continue for some time. :yes:

The thing I look forward to in R&C is the exploration and collection. I can vaguely remember the sense of "Too much fun" in the last game. Everything was a seamless mini-game and they were everywhere. I think the space exploration trailer is the most successful so far. It recalled R&C's unique flavor of gameplay very well.

I still can't believe we will get to play DS, U2, and R&C within a month. When I stop to think about it, it almost sounds too good to be true. So I am trying very hard to adjust my expectation down. ^_^

[size=-2]Personally, I rate Sega highly too because of Valkyria Chronicles, but they went to release the next VC game on PSP only. >_<[/size]

9.0 Presentation
The folks an Insomniac once again deliver a polished experience with a charming story. Plenty of extras, like animated advertisements, only sweeten the deal.
8.5 Graphics
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time is a very pretty game with a nice art style. It might not be as mind-blowing as its photo-realistic peers like Uncharted 2, but it sure is easy on the eyes.
9.0 Sound
Some excellent voice work complements an appropriately themed soundtrack. Radio stations that play during space exploration are sweet.
9.0 Gameplay
Another fine addition to the Ratchet & Clank series. Enjoyable mix of platforming, shooting and puzzle-solving with awesome weapons to use and level-up. Clank sections get a thumbs up.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
Although you can get through A Crack in Time in about 12 hours, there's way more beyond that to enjoy. Leveling up all your guns is enough to keep me satisfied.
Outstanding OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Insomniac has created a visually appealing game with enough personality to match its good looks. With so much to level-up and enjoy, there's enough to keep even hardcore Ratchet fans coming back for more -- especially with the new Clank sections that feature some enthralling puzzles. Now that the awkward space sections from Tools of Destruction have been replaced, there's almost nothing I don't like about Crack in Time.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1036656p2.html

The 8.5 for graphics is kind of lame, it's 60fps and not 600p ;)

Guess they would give Toy Story an 8 then if that was a game.

It matters not what IGN chose to lower the score of a PS3 game for, reading between the lines it's more of the same for Ratchet and Clank lovers so this is a definite 1st day purchase for me.

I cannot get enough of R & C.

I doubt this applies to anyone here at B3D, but if you own a copy of Resistance 2, and you want a chance to win a free Download Voucher for Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, shoot me a PM :)

That said. SEVEN DAYS LADIES AND GENTLMEN. SEVEN DAYS.

Looks like they are finally going to start to hype this game. It might be a little late though. I think most people have already decided which games they are going to get over the holiday season.

There is the possibility that with the Slim's lower price a greater number of households picked up a PS3. And if there are kids, there's really not much else on HD consoles that appeals to them (correct me if I'm overlooking anything). It's sorta going up against NSMB, and it'll get clobbered in any direct contest, of course, but there's probably room for more than one game in a household with kids.

I still think R&C is under-exposed. This fall is very competitive. Demon's Souls and U2 are not push overs. They are really really good. I don't know what Jack Tretton did in his past life, but he is lucky to get 2 pink diamonds within a month.

Now if R&C can deliver similar level of entertainment as the last one, then I'd say it's a good round up.

[size=-2]Still can't find Afrika[/size]

Back