What color should my new car have?

Cheezdoodles

+ 1
Veteran
I finally decided today that its time to get rid of my current car. I love it to death, but after driving in the rain yesterday i remembered how much hell it gave me during winter time, and how i kinda see the point of having 4wd instead of RWD.

I was kinda bummed out thought, because there isn't alot of 4wd cars i want to own. I don't like SUV's. I don't need a family car. Audi's suck. Japanese cars, are, well japanese. Merc doesn't offer 4wd on their coupe\convertibles , neither does BMW.

Then it hit me, Porsches have 4wd!!! Struck by this relevation, i quickly went to www.porsche.no to start making plans. I was a bit sad to see that the Turbo version costs 2x as much as the Carrera 4s due to norwegian taxes, so sadly, its gonna be a slow porsche,what the hell, its still a Porsche.

So, im heading of to the dealership tomorrow, either gonna be a Carrera 4s or Targa 4s.

I need help on deciding the color thought, my current car was silver, which looked nice at the dealership but kinda made it look boring after a while.

I like these colors:

fx4.jpg

fl2.jpg

fb4.jpg

f56.jpg

Which one would you have?

I like the blue and red look, however im not sure if i want a red car. On the other hand, white looks super cool, but only if the car is clean. Oh, these are the hard choices in life.

(and yes, those rims are fugly)

Edit: Black is also an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always really liked black Porsches, but from the list, I think I'd go for the blue as well. :smile:

The Porsche Carrera 4s is a lovely car (and IMO better than the Merc even if it's slower)... :devilish:

Given we share the same opinion on Audi's, I won't question why not a R8.

Cheers Phil

Um, BMW makes AWD cars. They have an 'x' in the designator.

But, anyways, don't get the white. Its tough to keep looking clean. (And I second the blue)

I'd go for a silver one or a yellow one. White gets dirty, blue is for BMW and red should be for italian cars. Yellow should be for lambo's ( I suppose a gallardo or murci is out of the question? though they are 4wd ;) ) but I think it will look good on this car too but silver will be the best I think because german cars in their looks are more about engineering than passion so a colorish color doesnt suit the car.

Hmm... I am fond of black cars, but you didn't have that as a choice. White looks sharp if done right, but is a bitch to keep clean (worse than black IMO). The red looks good on the Porsche, but I'm not sure if cops there are as drawn to red sports cars as they are here. In the US, I'd say it's a no. Yellow really pops, but is kinda gimmicky to me. I like yellow sports cars, but not ones that are going to be daily drivers... seems to make some weird warped ego statement to me, or just looks ridiculous somehow. I guess it screams "impractical and I don't give a shit" which might be the truth, but it comes off badly. When people see it on an Ultima kit car or lamborghini, they already know the car isn't practical, so the color sort of goes well. I don't like blue cars, but the blue looks good from the choices you've given. It is a "nice" blue from the rendering.

I'd say red or blue from those choices, but I guess you already got that far. ;)

Gonna have to disagree with the people who said white is hard to keep clean. One of my cars is white and it gets the same treatment as my other car which is dark green. Wash every two weeks, rinse every week between washes.

As for which color, well you're not getting the turbo so yellow is out of the question since yellow is only suitable for fast cars. I'd say blue or white.

You should support the scandanavian car industry and buy one of these[

For a supercar that costs over half a million dollars, it sure looks bland compared to cars like the Enzo, Veyron, Pagani Zonda, Murcielago, Mclaren F1 etc. It looks like a generic supercar. I'm surprised they couldn't find a better car stylist.

I've always thought white stayed cleaner looking longer than black, black shows off even the slightest dirt.

I like dark greyish silvers for cars, I'm weird that way...but I am almost tempted to get a blue one for me next one.

I really like that shade of red. I'm not convinced buying a carrera 4 for winter driving is the right motivation, but its your money. :)

I think white is a great color, and I just got my car 2 weeks ago, also white. Dirt isn't much of an issue on it - the car looks incredibly white, and then with some dirt on it, it still looks very white. My boss has repeatedly told me to never wash my car, because it is too white (especially in the sun). :D

Seriously though, I find myself washing it less often than many people do with a silver car. I think the main reason is because it isn't metallic, and dirt on metallic paint just really shows that much more, because it takes away the reflection.

Finally, white apparently is 'the' color at the moment, in terms of fashionability. I couldn't care less myself about fashion, and I doubt you do also, but I thought it'd mention it anyway. My mother lives in the south of Spain, and a lot of cars are white there. ;)

But after all that glowing praise on white cars, are you sure you'd want one in Norway? It's already easy to overlook a fast porsche, let alone against a white background ... ;)

Black or yellow are my favorite colors for a Porsche in general. But I did see a white recently and it sure looks good. Yellow would be good for visibility though. ;)

The Koeningsegg CCR after taxes is $1 500 000 here.

Or 4 Porsche 911 Turbo's. Or 7 Carrera 4s :)

Kinda out of my league financially ;)

Why not do it right and by the CCX right away? maybe you even have a tax refund on that as it also runs on biofuel which as a little extra also gives you some extra HP over normal fuel so you have a comfy 900hp on the rear wheels. And no TC if im correct :D

To bad reliability seems to be even worse than english cars and you can be happy if you manage to get it out of your garage without breaking down.

Anyway, ontopic. Are you sure you dont want the turbo? it might be worth saving extra money for, I heard the normal 911 is a bit meh. Ofcourse that will also depend what you drove before it. But I wouldnt know as I dont even have a drivers license (way to expensive here) not to mention that I can only dream of ever affording enough money to buy even a normal Porsche.

I really like that shade of red. I'm not convinced buying a carrera 4 for winter driving is the right motivation, but its your money. :)

Its not like i plan to go offroading with the car.

I just need something that doesn't get immobilized by the tiniest bit of snow and ice like we often have on the norwegian roads during winter time.

My current car (CLK500K), is terrible for norwegian conditions. Its not that fun to have the ESP go ballistic every time you hit the accelerator when there is a tad of wet road (forget about accelerating out of corners, a little rain and the merc's stability control systems basically keeps telling you that "I just saved your life". )

Arwin, what car did you buy? (btw, south in spain, as in marbella? I practically grew up around there)

tongue_of_colicab said:
Are you sure you dont want the turbo? it might be worth saving extra money for, I heard the normal 911 is a bit meh. Ofcourse that will also depend what you drove before it.

A Turbo is out of my league atm. A 4s should be that slow, 355bhp\1560kg isn't to bad. My merc is quicker, but frankly, after a certain point you really don't care anymore except for bragging rights.

Back