Uncharted : Drake's Fortune*

Heh heh... here's the first hour trailer:
http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/ga...101816355231032&releaseId=2006051916508490090

Spoiler alert in the video.

I havent watched it and I'm not going to.

But that's actually the first 4 chapters of the game. The guy who has played that said it took him 3 hours on normal, and 1.5 on hard (as he'd already played it). So I doubt it's the "first hour". Why do people rush through these things (having a Heavenly Sword moment here). Well there are 20 chapters, so I still expect it to be around 10-12hours.

http://i20.tinypic.com/2gv24ig.gif

that is very very impressive to say the least !!

Yuh I love that...amazing animation and character interaction.

I have seen the video and I must say it keeps getting better and better the more I see from that game.
I don`t think that`s too much of a spoiler but anyway
there is a scene (1:27 to 1:35) with a burning wood structure and lighting and shadows look awesome as the structure collapses

Can`t wait.

PS3 games a like buses, nothing for months then 2 in the space of a few days that I absolutely must buy (this and Ratchet and Clank)

My poor wallet :LOL:

Pretty amazing stuff! Though looks a bit silly now as one player seems to be controlling two people ... if supported, this could be an amazing two player coop section though!

Pretty amazing stuff! Though looks a bit silly now as one player seems to be controlling two people ... if supported, this could be an amazing two player coop section though!

No coop. Don't bring in the people saying "this game has no multiplayer, thus it sucks"

No coop. Don't bring in the people saying "this game has no multiplayer, thus it sucks"

But that does suck! :D (seriously though, I'd have liked it in this game, offline even more than online ... )

Oh well, let's just hope this game is a success and see where it goes from there. It does look amazing though!

It's funny I got ripped for saying the combat seemed to borrow from GoW, and now we see another very similar design decision, these guys are definately using GoW as a major inspiration. Not that that's a bad thing ;)

Graphics look nice in this latest video, gameplay looks very mediocre.

I have been looking for the so-called 6 million poly jetski scene. It's here now:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26770.html

Enjoy ! This is definitely a day 1 for me.

The 6 million polygon is for the whole level, a frame would have far less especially since houses covers the surroundings and it can be culled out. Found the water to look not as impressive as hyped at other sites, does it's job but nothing more IMO. gameplay seems *rinse and repeat* like in that video but I assume it is for this part only.

Old build apparently. Explosions and water effects old :)

Explosions was OK it is just that they disappear to fast. Water splashes looked to "thin" (many games have this problem). Neverthless does the new build then have better water becouse frankly even Far Cry has better water (no pun intended) and I hope they make it more 'vivid' and less static/"ice" looking IMO.

Nice though to see how the textures look sharp even at distance instead as so many other games wich have to blurry textures at distance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The 6 million polygon is for the whole level, a frame would have far less especially since houses covers the surroundings and it can be culled out. Found the water to look not as impressive as hyped at other sites, does it's job but nothing more IMO. gameplay seems *rinse and repeat* like in that video but I assume it is for this part only.

The rinse and repeat comment applies to all games, including popular ones.

Frankly, I don't know what the fascination with waters is (There are other scenes with waters too, if you want to analyze it ;-) ), I am more interested in the overall experiences. I think the environment is varied, beautiful and rich; and the people are very "real" (in personality and technology) and lovable. Some one says there will be animals, I am looking forward to meet them.

They've even said as much in interviews!

That's right. I can't see why that's a bad thing. Some 360 games took PS3 game design elements too. The more sharing and evolution, the better.

EDIT:

Longer stretch:
5bpqg7.gif

I was told there will be fast chasing scene on Jetski later (Don't quote me though).

It's funny I got ripped for saying the combat seemed to borrow from GoW, and now we see another very similar design decision, these guys are definately using GoW as a major inspiration. Not that that's a bad thing ;)
Depends when you said it, I suppose. Earlier on they weren't as much and and combat system wasn't grasped well or enjoyed too much, but after a while they tightened up the system, people appreciated it much more, and they out-and-out said in interviews they were looking to Gears of War as a model.

(Might want to use GEoW instead of GoW as your abbreviation, though, as even though we all know what's being talked about in this thread, God of War had that acronym first, and isn't going anywhere. ;) )

Explosions was OK it is just that they disappear to fast. Water splashes looked to "thin" (many games have this problem). Neverthless does the new build then have better water becouse frankly even Far Cry has better water (no pun intended) and I hope they make it more 'vivid' and less static/"ice" looking IMO.

Nice though to see how the textures look sharp even at distance instead as so many other games wich have to blurry textures at distance. :)

The water itself is some of the best looking water around. Unless you are talking about water splashes.

The water itself is some of the best looking water around. Unless you are talking about water splashes.

If by 'amongst the best' is platform dependant then I might agree, otherwise far off IMO. Still OK except the water splashes/foam of course. :smile:

Most people are specifically referring to the splashes, as they can be quite glaring compared to the quality of the rest. Hopefully it will be improved at release, because it doesn't help to have excellent looking water effects marred by low-quality (in comparison, certainly) "action" effects, like splashes, falling/fast-running water, and foam.

If by 'amongst the best' is platform dependant then I might agree, otherwise far off IMO. Still OK except the water splashes/foam of course. :smile:

I am comparing among consoles correct - and this generation. It surpasses Far Cry by a far cry. I'm comparing to bioshock etc.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x205/majikdragoon/waterbeta.gif

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x205/majikdragoon/waterfirst.gif

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x205/majikdragoon/watersecond.gif

There are few that do water better than Uncharted - especially since it's something they concentrated on a lot. It's one of the things that impressed me the most, and continues to do so. I'm still not talking about splashes etc. But there aren't many games that do that better either...it's a weakness in the industry.

Back