Xbox 360 price drop in UK/Europe and Elite pricing confirmed

now retailers on changing pricetag of elite ;) i hope nobody bought one few days/weeks ago. i posted this one in 360 50USD pricedrop :smile:

In UK 360 sold about 1.1M units, Wii sold about 660k(?) and PS3 sold about 280-290k. of course Wii is selling at fastest rate, but i guess the gap between 360 and PS3 will get wider now ;)

now retailers on changing pricetag of elite ;) i hope nobody bought one few days/weeks ago. i posted this one in 360 50USD pricedrop :smile:

In UK 360 sold about 1.1M units, Wii sold about 660k(?) and PS3 sold about 280-290k. of course Wii is selling at fastest rate, but i guess the gap between 360 and PS3 will get wider now ;)

The elite hasn't been released yet. Its been available for pre-order at £329, although no-one will have been charged this amount yet.

Those numbers you quoted are about two months old now, start of June the 360 was at 1.19million, Wii at 620K and PS3 at 280k. Last week chart-track said that the Wii was a few weeks away from a million sold, though no mention on how the 360 and PS3 are doing numbers wise.

if i could, i would go for Elite. if i buy official HDMI cable + audio dongle, there isn't much difference between elite and HDMI Premiums. ;)

new360s.jpg

http://kotaku.com/gaming/new-things/360-gets-european-price-cut-new-names-new-colour-291150.php
Belgian site Shizzle Games are also reporting that the 360s will be launching with new names, which were first hinted at when Flynn uncovered those 360 holiday bundles. The Elite keeps its name, but the Premium looks like it's being changed to the Xbox 360 Pro and the Core's now called the Xbox 360 Arcade.

To coincide with these changes, the Arcade is apparently coming bundled with a 360 memory card which will be pre-loaded with 5 XBLA titles (one of which looks like Pac-Man). The Pro, if this chart is to be believed, will also be sporting a new colour scheme, having a "silver finish" as opposed to the Arcade's "standard finish".
I wonder why they didn't colour them Bronze, Silver and Gold. =P

Since all are sporting HDMI I wonder if this means the 65nm launch will see these new SKUs hit the marketplace.

Looks like the core is getting a wireless controller, HDMI and a memory card from that chart, which sounds like a good move.

Looks like the core is getting a wireless controller, HDMI and a memory card from that chart, which sounds like a good move.

Heh, I completely missed the wireless controller.

But yeah, 256MB memory card with 5 XBLA titles on it. No mention on what the titles are, I'm guessing Pacman from the graphic on the front of the box. Geo Wars is usually a given.

However, I wonder if the 5 XBLA games on the memory card can be re-downlaoded should you delete them...Otherwise with 5 games on the memory card you are going to somewhat limited on space. Good way to encourage people to pick up a second memory card....;)

Though one thing I do wonder, is the lack of HDD on the Core a big stumbling block to developers? The original Xbox made use of the HDD for caching purposes, the 360 may have more memory but its also pushing bigger assets at the same time. Is the core going to hold back the 360 as a platform in the coming years, namely if MS don't relax their policy on all games being able to run without the HDD present (MMOs the exception of course)

Didn't the Prelite, no Promium...uh Premium already have the silver finish like the Pro.
Why the name change? It just unnecessarily confuses the buyers.
Core, Premium and Elite would've been just fine.
On second thought, Arcade, Pro and Elite are better than Core, Premium and Elite, especially as it's difficult to say by name only which is better Premium or Elite.
On third thought, three SKU's is a bit too much, especially as the difference between Pro and Elite is just the bigger HDD, which to add more confusion will be sold separately too.
Arcade and 120GB Pro would've been enough.

Edit: Maybe they named the Core "Arcade" because they want to drive home the message that it indeed is an xbox360 that is aimed to those who want to play Live Arcade games, and won't necessarily be able to run the newer games that might require a HDD to run.

why can't cores have 30 day trial? ;) i know 30 days are only a fiver, but it doesn't do MS any harm :smile:

Yeah I'm not sure why they don't do that. I had no interest in Xbox Live Gold when I picked up my 360, but after playing some Gears co-op with my 1 month trial I was hooked on it. If you give people the taster then who knows, they might stick with it. Its not like everyone who buys a Premium is doing so just to play online, some people just don't like being lumbered with the 'value pack'.

Premium already have the silver finish like the Pro.
No, white and black have only been the colour schemes previously.

Edit: Maybe they named the Core "Arcade" because they want to drive home the message that it indeed is an xbox360 that is aimed to those who want to play Live Arcade games, and won't necessarily be able to run the newer games that might require a HDD to run.
MMO's are the only games that are now required a hard drive, which is a tightening of the specification that was previously out there.

No, white and black have only been the colour schemes previously.

I think he might be referring to the "Faux Chrome Trim" on the DVD bezel in terms of the Silver Finish, comapred to the white bezel on the Core.

From the picture it looks like there is a difference in colour between the Arcade and Pro, the Pro looking slightly more 'glossy', but the "Silver/Standard finish" could refer to the DVD bezel on the SKUs. Its hard to judge from the picture since its not the best of quality.

why can't cores have 30 day trial? ;) i know 30 days are only a fiver, but it doesn't do MS any harm :smile:

Anyone with a hotmail account can get a free 30 days, so I'm not sure what that's all about...

Great move by MS on the SKU's if true, it's a much more cohesive strategy than the current mash-up.

I still think it would've been wiser to knock an extra $20 of the core, and just lower the price on the HDD and memory Cards, but this should also have a pretty good impact on increasing the value proposition of the Core's.

Anyone with a hotmail account can get a free 30 days, so I'm not sure what that's all about...

Great move by MS on the SKU's if true, it's a much more cohesive strategy than the current mash-up.

I still think it would've been wiser to knock an extra $20 of the core, and just lower the price on the HDD and memory Cards, but this should also have a pretty good impact on increasing the value proposition of the Core's.

Agree but from what i read, this EU pricing for the core puts on equal ground with the Wii which is probably as low as they *should* go from a marketing perspective. In NA, we may yet see a cheaper core when this 'arcade' version is (hopefully) released here.

Good move overall though, myself and many others have been clamoring for a core with wireless, HDMI, and a memory card.

Good move overall though, myself and many others have been clamoring for a core with wireless, HDMI, and a memory card.

Ya, if MS brings this pack into the US during Holidays, I think alot of people will be surprised by the amount of Core's that get moved, especially if they bring it down to $249 right next to the Wii.

Last christmas I was trying to find a 360 Core for my younger brother, I could not find one anywhere in Cardiff. All the stores had completely sold out.

I think there is more demand for it than many gamers realise, and a Core at the same price as the Wii this Xmas could prove interesting in certain markets.

Last christmas I was trying to find a 360 Core for my younger brother, I could not find one anywhere in Cardiff. All the stores had completely sold out.

I think there is more demand for it than many gamers realise, and a Core at the same price as the Wii this Xmas could prove interesting in certain markets.

Lack of supply does not indicate demand. Stores may simply not order them and use up valuable shelf space. We are up to four 360 SKUs in NA now...

Back