Cross Platform Play Confirmed Between PS3 and PC on UE3

Ben-Nice

Regular
You have two choices:
a $500 PS3 which can handle UT3 well, as we can imply
or a new $2000 PC that can handle UT3

I don't think a price drop is needed for that decision!:LOL:

That sucks for PS3 players, unless they allow keyboard and mouse play for the PS3.

Edit: I decided to read the article and am now informed that PS3 will allow keyboard and mouse. Gamepad players beware.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks for PS3 players, unless they allow keyboard and mouse play for the PS3.

Edit: I decided to read the article and am now informed that PS3 will allow keyboard and mouse. Gamepad players beware.
Mark Rein said in the Epic forums that they will allow players to choose between kb/m or gamepad games.

I wonder if they'll have different server rule option support, so you can go "gamepad only" or "keyboard/mouse only" (forcing auto-aim and limited turn radius, or kicking people who don't detect as a gamepad, and such). I see no reason not to have the option in, at least.

I wonder if they'll have different server rule option support, so you can go "gamepad only" or "keyboard/mouse only" (forcing auto-aim and limited turn radius, or kicking people who don't detect as a gamepad, and such). I see no reason not to have the option in, at least.

It'll be a must have. Though even with aim assist I don't think gamepad players will be able to keep up in such a fast moving game as UT.

What does it matter?

in the end your only as good as your twitch gaming "chi" allows you to be regardless of the input method..

I'm sure there will be PLENTY of gamepad users that could out-gun many/most k/b + m users and vice versa..

This is slightely worrying to me actually. Rein has already said that the PS3 version is slower due to having to support a gamepad and in order to bring the two versions together either it would have to be sped up or the PC version slowed down.

I seriously hope they made the right decision there.

that's exactly what the post above you confirmed. ;)

You have two choices:

He obviously already has a PC. Do you know what kind of upgrade $500 will get you?

This is slightely worrying to me actually. Rein has already said that the PS3 version is slower due to having to support a gamepad and in order to bring the two versions together either it would have to be sped up or the PC version slowed down.

I seriously hope they made the right decision there.
KB/M-only match -> fast
KB/M/pad-hybrid match -> fast
pad-only match -> slow

My 2 cents.

Some people with pads will like a handicap and challenge, as that's what a game is all about. Then again a master console gamer may prefer a game pad.

KB/M-only match -> fast
KB/M/pad-hybrid match -> fast
pad-only match -> slow

My 2 cents.

Some people with pads will like a handicap and challenge, as that's what a game is all about. Then again a master console gamer may prefer a game pad.

Hopefully that's the way it'll be. I read an interview with Epic sometime ago, and they said the game would be slowed down on consoles. That would make the experience much worse for those who'll be playing with KB/M on PS3. So, here's for hoping the speed can be selected depending on the controlling method.

You have two choices:

No need for a $2000 PC to run this game! ;)

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/792/792593p1.html
Since optimization work is still ongoing, these details may change every day. Generally speaking, the game runs quite smooth with DX9 hardware released by NVidia and Ati since 2006. On high-end cards, including the DX10 models, UT3 runs incredibly smooth already.

Will it work with updates and such? I mean it could work, but will they have the ps3 version update-able or that the ps3 version is able to connect to all versions?

Will it work with updates and such? I mean it could work, but will they have the ps3 version update-able or that the ps3 version is able to connect to all versions?

PS3 games can be easily updated these days. Resistance is a good example. The only comment Epic has made on this is that they have to be a bit more careful because it takes a little while longer than on PC (it has to go through Sony's approval process, so they can't fix things within a few hours like they basically could on PC).

At djscribbles, that very much depends on the PC. In our case, we have 2Gb with a D 925 at 3.6 with Vista and a 8300GS graphics card, bought just one month ago (for about the same price as a PS3, I might add). It doesn't look too likely it will perform as well as the PS3 version, I think. Personally I also prefer just to pop in that disc and turn the machine on. Also, the PS3 is still the machine in the living room and the PC is still in the study. ;)

But I'm thinking the PS3 will probably do better than this PC at least.

If there's a demo, I'll run the two side by side.

Back