Fallout 3

Thank you for stressing my point.

I'd really wish they only gave awards to released games.

Cheers

Is there a video available from that event? or any other media besides that teaser trailer?

I have a write up on Xbox Evolved and PSINext and a brief interview was filmed afterwards (although what is currently available is in poor quality).

As far as the demonstration itself; Im not aware of any. You may find some screenshots or perhaps check the official site for it but it was approx. 40 minutes long.

Filming or pictures were not allowed during the presentation.

Fallout 3 Q&A - E3 Thoughts and More

Didn't see this posted here (5 days old).

Fallout 3 Q&A - E3 Thoughts and More

GS: What platform was the demo running on? What's the primary development platform? Will there be any major differences among the three versions of the game?

TH: We showed it on the 360, which is the platform we do a lot of the initial work on, as it's very developer friendly and contained…unlike a PC, where even in the office it can be hard to get the same results on everyone's system. That's one area the 360 really excels--awesome development tools. In the end, all three versions (PC, 360, PS3) should look the same.

939932_20070629_screen005.jpg

Love the art-direction... :smile:

Yup! It's great!
I only hope it won't run like Oblivion...
If they release a construction set similar to the TES games I'll buy it for the pc. At least someday I'll be able to run it 60 FPS everything full and without stuters.

Yup! It's great!
I only hope it won't run like Oblivion...
If they release a construction set similar to the TES games I'll buy it for the pc. At least someday I'll be able to run it 60 FPS everything full and without stuters.

Nah I don't think so, especially since there wont be many trees onscreen if any (detailed 3D trees are perfomance killer's). And I am shure they will release a editor for the game although with nudity pixel detection algorithm! :LOL:

Because they offered the best detailed presentation of any thing I saw during the event. Their walkthrough demo was second to none.
..And I'll look forward to inexplicable loss of performance when standing in particular spots and/or looking in certain directions and randomly falling through the world and buggered quests and screwy NPC pathfinding and memory leaks and generally terrible performance and ALL the other stff we've come to expect from Bethesda.

..In about eight months to a year AFTER their projected due date because of various game/buug issues (a la Oblivion). Which still won't fi xnearly the amount of game/bug issues present (also a la Oblivion).

IMO they are the worst thing that could ever have happebned to the once-glorious Fallout series.

Peace.

Which still won't fi xnearly the amount of game/bug issues present (also a la Oblivion).

IMO they are the worst thing that could ever have happebned to the once-glorious Fallout series.

Oblivion runs decent on the 360, what really worries me is Bethesda's tendency to make hack-and-slash adventure games, - then calling them RPGs.

Looking at Oblivion they need to cut back on generic dungeon crawling and step the narrative and RPG elements up about 10 notches, - or they'll disappoint all those who played Fallout 1&2.

If they make a 3D version of Fallout Tactics I hope they will burn in hell.

Cheers

I have no belief that besethda (spelling?) will be able to make a Fallout 3 that will not dissapoint us who played the brilliant games, Fallout 1 &2.

here are some gameinformer cover(june issue iirc) story bullet points from wikipedia:

-The game will use both first-person and third-person perspective.

-Main character creation is implemented by specifying the character's childhood.

-The character's mother dies in labor in a Vault hospital, after which the player chooses the character's Traits and general appearance during the father's DNA analysis. Afterwards, the father removes his surgeon's mask to reveal a face much like the one chosen by the player for the character.

-As a child in the Vault, the character receives a book titled "You're Special", whereupon you'll set the character's 7 primary aptitudes. The character receives training weapons and a PIP-boy during childhood, and the player's performance in various tests determines the rest of the attributes.

-Additionally, there will be quests inside the Vault that influence the pc's relationship with his or her father.

-Skills and Perks are similar to those in previous games: the player chooses 3 Tag

-Skills out of 14 to be the character's specialties, and the character will gain a Perk every other level. Max level will be 20.

-There will be a definite end to the game, with many possible endings based on good/evil/neutral events you trigger.

-The Vault-tec Assisted Targeting System, or V.A.T.S. will be implemented. Various actions cost action points, and both the player and enemies can target specific body areas for attacks, inflicting specific injuries. While using V.A.T.S., real-time combat is paused creating a combat system that the Bethesda developers have described as a hybrid between turn-based and real-time combat.

-The game will maintain the same level of gore. All gory deaths in the game will be shown in slow motion. One of the featured screenshots is of a super-mutant's head exploding in great detail.

-The game will feature a new health and radiation system. The player can measure an object's radioactivity and gauge the effect it will have on the character.
Karma titles, similar to those from previous games, will grant Xbox Live Achievements on that platform.

-The number '101' can be seen on the back of several characters' Vault suits. This signifies the characters home of origin, Vault 101 in Washington, D.C.
Characters will be able to create small blasts by targeting nuclear generators and using nuclear catapults.

Unfortunately I’ve never played the old Fallout games. But I think I’m going to enjoy the post apocalyptic setting of the game and to this point I’m very impressed from the art direction.

Unfortunately I’ve never played the old Fallout games. But I think I’m going to enjoy the post apocalyptic setting of the game and to this point I’m very impressed from the art direction.

That's really too bad. I hope the new Fallout lives up to the atmosphere, humour and openness the first two for the people who missed the last ones.

That's really too bad. I hope the new Fallout lives up to the atmosphere, humour and openness the first two for the people who missed the last ones.

Yeah, I've heard only good things about them... Perhaps the fact that I have never played the old ones will help enjoy the third more. Because most of the comments I've heard suggest that they were not games that can be easily translated to the age of real time combat and fp view...

Yeah, I've heard only good things about them... Perhaps the fact that I have never played the old ones will help enjoy the third more. Because most of the comments I've heard suggest that they were not games that can be easily translated to the age of real time combat and fp view...

The game wasn't real time, and it shouldn't have been in time around either.

My biggest fear as that they will have the same ****ed up dialoge system that oblivion has.

I'm not really worried about turn-based vs realtime or first person vs third person. The only things I want are a lot of different choices in how to approach or handle a situation, a lot of really dark humour and a the atmosphere of the first two. Lots of random strange encounters is also nice.

The game wasn't real time, and it shouldn't have been in time around either.

My biggest fear as that they will have the same ****ed up dialoge system that oblivion has.

a snippet from the latest OXM with an article on Bethesda/F3...

sorry I'm reading and typing. ;)

While Fallout 3 is at its most basic level very similar to Oblivion in that both are large, free-roaming RPGs where you can go where you want and do whatever you like in a number of camps, towns, and cities, Bethesda is cramming Fallout with fewer NPC's--around 300 compared to Oblivion's 1,000. Still, it's paying more attention to each of those 300 NPCs and Oblivion's Radiant AI system has evolved, making their actions and routines feel more natural and less random. Bertter still, Bethesda is hiring 30-40 voice actors to breathe life into their personalities-- a clear step up from Oblivion's cast. The graphics have also undergone the developer's knife, yielding much more natural faces for each NPC, a seemingly better frame rate and improved loading times....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back