one

Unruly Member
Veteran
Images from the game are also available, albeit super simple :LOL:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/805/805606p1.html
PlayStation Premier: Katamari Damacy Creator Delivers New PS3 Game
First artwork for Nobi Nobi Boy
by Anoop Gantayat

July 17, 2007 - Bandai Namco Games unleashed a big surprise at Sony's PlayStation Premier event today in Tokyo with the announcement of an all new game from Katamari Damacy creator Keita Takahashi.

Titled Nobi Nobi Boy, all we have on this PlayStation 3 title are just a couple of pieces of artwork. The artwork and name ("Nobi" can mean "to stretch" in Japanese) suggests that the game will center around a flexible wormlike creature of some form.

From this one picture :

h-103_75350_unosawanobinobi.jpg.jpg

I get the impression it's an EyeToy game with a unique control scheme. Anything in the text on that?

From looking at those concepts shots I got an idea for a game!

A game that is about unraveling knots. Imagine a gigantic tangle of cord that is modeled with accurate physics. I think it has potential. Because who doesn't feel good after they have untangled a big messy knot?

That's Bandai's president jokingly conveying the concept of the game, nothing more :smile:

Ah, good. I was hoping he got out from under KD to develop something else, but hadn't heard about any other projects he was working on.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26954
Takahashi to keynote GameCity

Matt Martin 14:13 (BST) 23/07/2007

Katamari Damacy developer Keita Takahashi will be delivering the keynote address at this year's GameCity event in the UK, as well as showing his new title Nobi Nobi Boy for the first time in the West.

Sponsored by BAFTA, Takahashi's Vision Statement will take place on Saturday October 27, at Nottingham's Broadway Media Centre.

From looking at those concepts shots I got an idea for a game!

A game that is about unraveling knots. Imagine a gigantic tangle of cord that is modeled with accurate physics. I think it has potential. Because who doesn't feel good after they have untangled a big messy knot?

That concept actually sounds pretty damn awesome if you ask me. Not sure if the game will turn out that way, but nonetheless your idea is pretty good.

Cool and weird. Much to commend it, though I'm bemused how it's gonna become a real game. And did he say 8 players?

My guess is the Takahashi san wanted to demo something, but the wazzocks controlling the other other worm-things messed about without respecting his intentions. I'm guessing you could grab hold of each other to form a ring and work with that somehow.

I'm just going to sit here an blink for a while... o_O

I also need to digest this for a while.

I wonder how much processing power is needed to achieve this stuf, maybe games like this, together with LBP, will be what drives the sales of the PS3 when it hits main stream price?

Back