So, do we know anything about RV670 yet?

"RV670 XT GDDR4" is the designation they gave it, if i read it correctly.
So that must mean it's the one that we now know by the name "Radeon HD3870", right ?

If Leadtek says 10-35% faster than the RV670 you can bet it'll be a veeeeery close race. ;)

I'm gonna wait before I buy something new, that's for sure. My 8800 GTS is ok for now. Only problem is that is begs for mercy in Crysis. Might have been delirium, but I thought I heard it moan.

Next thing you know, theyll start copy pasting cherry pricked benchmarks from the web so even the uneducated buyer knows what hes buying.

Why go look for benchmarks when its already all over the box!

That's why they have stickers...

The 3850/3870 have yet to be officially announced. I don't think Leadtek would print a reference to the codename for the GPU meant to power these cards on their 8800 GT boxes, only to have to cover them up with stickers a few short weeks later. Not that there's any huge cost involved in doing so, but every dime adds up.

I am pretty sure thats a sticker on the box. At least it looks like one to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which begs the questions.

1. Is it just a quick photoshop by someone? Or is Leadtek that desperate for marketing...

2. If they didn't even know the retail name of Rv670, how in the world would they know how it performs?

I think I'll continue as I've always done. Wait for a variety of reviews to see if something sticks out that will make me want to buy a new video card. Not REALLY in the market for a replacement. But a single slot card that might possibly out perform my current dual slot card is pretty tempting.

Regards,
SB

Which begs the questions.

1. Is it just a quick photoshop by someone? Or is Leadtek that desperate for marketing...

2. If they didn't even know the retail name of Rv670, how in the world would they know how it performs?

I think I'll continue as I've always done. Wait for a variety of reviews to see if something sticks out that will make me want to buy a new video card. Not REALLY in the market for a replacement. But a single slot card that might possibly out perform my current dual slot card is pretty tempting.

Regards,
SB

Factory OC'ed version
205rat.jpg

Ummm, you don't take a photo of a box for these types of images...

Show me a vendor that doesnt have a photo of its box. /eyeroll. The above screenshot clearly shows that it doesnt have to be on their retail box.

Show me a vendor that doesnt have a photo of its box. /eyeroll. The above screenshot clearly shows that it doesnt have to be on their retail box.

Well the above 'screenshot', does not look like a picture of a box. Its just a generated image, much like the other 'screenshot' looks like just a computer generated image. Real boxes have ways to open them and less than perfect corners.

Show me a vendor that doesnt have a photo of its box.
An image of the box, yes. A photo of the box? Can't remember the last time I saw one.

Thus, discussion on 'is it a sticker or not', or 'why would they put RV670 and not the product name on there' becomes moot as the image is an illustration dumped out from a graphics program at some point, not necessarily an accurate representation of the final box as it went to print and exists in the real world.

Back