The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.
One, doesn't have and will not buy a 360 or play Halo3. He'd be best to let his concerns fall to the side and focus on his platform of choice.

Us, soon to be, Halo3 owners will suffer through it. Don't cry for us :(
You just admitted you are subjective about this discussion, IMHO :oops: If you follow the discussion, you'll notice TurnDragoZeroV2G called my 600p statement FUD and demanded something to back it up so I just showed what I think is real as an image with a caption as my humble opinion. Maybe I shouldn't have written replies to people other than TurnDragoZeroV2G though. Anyway please forget everything I wrote and continue your happy discussion and gaming!

If all else fails Bungie will probably just release the game with no AA.
I highly doubt we will see anything less than 720p.
The beta ran at it after all.

If you follow the discussion, you'll notice TurnDragoZeroV2G called my 600p statement FUD and demanded something to back it up so I just showed what I think is real as an image with a caption as my humble opinion.

Certainly not I, though I did call for you to support your high-res texture and photo-mode comments.

(To be clear, the matter has been settled on those two points (until the full game is out), so I'm not re-initiating discussion on that...)

I typed all of those impressions from the magazine and you're argueing over the singleplayer possibly running at a lower resolution than the multiplayer? I'm pretty sure you can PM before you get your account activated at GAF, but if you already have one you can just go and ask one of the two bungie guys (frankie and stinkles I think) what the final game's resolution is going to be for singleplayer and multiplayer. You can show him all the evidence you have to say the game is not going to be 720P so that they can clear it up for you. Just say it's a serious technical question from a game developer (who cares if you're lieing?) and get this over with.

even with the trolling of this game... :rolleyes: I really do not care if it were 600+P and then upscaled (which it's NOT) as it is a piece of cake for the 360 to be able to do that (fortunately). If it means a bigger sandbox with more effects in some games, than so be it. I don't notice the distinction on my 720p TV with any of the ALLEGED games that do so. :smile:

one; said:
COD3 was known to be a title that used 1040x620.
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/13/cod3-thp8-not-720p/
AFAIK cod3 is not known to render at 1040x620. There is only a site in the world who said this and they can't backup their claims.
There are upscaled 720p images (Screens added on: Jan 18, 2007) and direct-feed 1024x576 images (Screens added on: Nov 10, 2006) to see how they look.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...ml?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;images
These are officially released 1280x720 screens , downsized from Gamespot to 1024x576. You can find them in their natural resolution(1280x720) at IGN,Gamersyde and other sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what, even if Halo 3 renders stuff upside down at 666x777 it'll still be game of the year. ;)

Y'all can continue your regularly scheduled catfights now. :p

Suggestion, until someone gets a hand on the actual game, or has access to undisputed undoctored ingame SP screenshots maybe we should let it rest?

From what i have seen this game looks amazing, lets save the hardware bickering for when we have proof and by then i don´t think it will matter anyway :)

Ok guys, this thread's starting to get reported, and I agree with the findings...

Let's back off of the dissection for now and keep it in the spirit of what the games section is supposed to be about - which is fans of a game discussing said game. If you're here just to knock it down a notch, there are plenty of other fine threads to participate in. ;)

Ones method is completely flawed, which is what irks me in the nonsense he's started. Can we get back to talking about the game and leave One out of this?

Halo3 looks like it's going to be a blast to play, I'm really curious what bungie means by they designed the game to be replayerable more times through and the expeience will be different each time. I wonder if there will be random battles or something along those lines.

I think they're referring to the metagame and the skulls. Though it's probably also a reference to the fact that the AI in Halo generally makes for pretty good replayability as well.

I think the discussion based around HALO3's resolution is interesting, as it gives us a better understanding around how devs are using the resources on Xenos to achieve what they are. If there are devs that are rendering at lower than 720p, it begs the question why and at what benefit. After all, this is a technical forum, so you can't really blame us for being curious.

At the end of the day though, and from a gamer perspective, one could really care less if the native resolution is 600p or actual 720p as it will surely look and play great. I don't think hostility is at all needed.

It is interesting, and on this forum it could certainly justify its own thread to discuss once more info is present, but for here... we really are trying to keep these mega-gaming section threads hospitable to fans of the games in question. The technical minutia can be taken to threads better suited for such. No one would disparage a "Halo 3 framebuffer" thread if it were *tastefully* done, but I just think sometimes battle is waged in threads that really should offer some general respite for those who just want to enjoy a title and be excited.

It's not like this hasn't been a problem in other games threads either, to be sure.

Posting a picture with the caption "Halo3 is SD, not HD" doesn't sound like technical discussion to me, it's something quite different...

Posting a picture with the caption "Halo3 is SD, not HD" doesn't sound like technical discussion to me, it's something quite different...

indeed. it is unfounded and it is trolling in an effort to start viral message board fodder for fan sites that spend most of their time sucking on the titties of one console maker and disparaging the competition

that said.. CarlB said it more diplomatically. ;)

Halo3 looks like it's going to be a blast to play, I'm really curious what bungie means by they designed the game to be replayerable more times through and the expeience will be different each time. I wonder if there will be random battles or something along those lines.
I don't think there will be random battles but having things like a scarab with it's own AI trying to track you down and having more ways of destroying it is going to make that mission have a lot of ways of completing it.

I don't think there will be random battles but having things like a scarab with it's own AI trying to track you down and having more ways of destroying it is going to make that mission have a lot of ways of completing it.

Frankie/Luke mentioned random placement of sniper jackals in the last update.

I like the direction they're taking with the co-op; game looks good and it looks fun. Fun is always the most important element.
Yes it is, indeed. However, there is only one thing about the co-op that worries me because I think it's relevant to the success of this wonderful feature.

I hope they keep the game challenging and difficult enough -thus interesting- in 4 players coop. Additional players should increase the enemies hit points accordingly.... how shall I put it? Covenant forces should increase (at a fixed rate) their hps 100% per each additional player. i.e. 4 players = 400% hps.

The game would be much more strategic and it would require more thinking. If there is a Grunt minion in front of our fellow allies and a Brute in a Chopper, people would had let the poor creature alone and would have been focused on the Brute instinctively, given the fact that Brutes are tough and have a lot of hps.

That's what coop should be all about. Good, clean fun with your *friends*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back