Kena: Bridge of Spirits [PS4, PS5, PC, XBSX|S]

I bought this for my daughter pretty much after launch. I tried firing it up again yesterday to see if I could finish it and I couldn't.

Like you mentioned, the tediousness of it is what drove my daughter away and now that we're so far into it, I have zero clue what to do. I don't have the heart to delete it yet lol

Yeah, I know. It is very pretty and I wanted to like it. I havent played it since it was very new, bult I felt like I was wasting my life while playing it :eek:
Since you have played very recently, what do you think it is that makes it tedious? That its unclear what to do next?

Yeah, I know. It is very pretty and I wanted to like it. I havent played it since it was very new, bult I felt like I was wasting my life while playing it :eek:
Since you have played very recently, what do you think it is that makes it tedious? That its unclear what to do next?

You hit the nail on the head with your last question.

I'll look at the map first, then after going through all the buttons on the controller, I'll pull up the menu for the button layout to make sure I'm not missing an important function, and then I'll wander around for awhile moving rocks or whatever and then turn it off.

I'm not new to RPG/Adventure games, but heck, even Morrowind had a marker on the compass. Or like with Ultima, you could reference the map as to a location depending on where the story led you. In Kena there's none of that. Unless I'm just half ass paying attention? Which definitely could be the case lol

You hit the nail on the head with your last question.

I'll look at the map first, then after going through all the buttons on the controller, I'll pull up the menu for the button layout to make sure I'm not missing an important function, and then I'll wander around for awhile moving rocks or whatever and then turn it off.

I'm not new to RPG/Adventure games, but heck, even Morrowind had a marker on the compass. Or like with Ultima, you could reference the map as to a location depending on where the story led you. In Kena there's none of that. Unless I'm just half ass paying attention? Which definitely could be the case lol

Yeah, I think I remember it being quite unclear what to do. How do you find the fighting and stuff like that?

For another perspective, I played Kena on ps5 around the beginning of the year and thought it was pretty great. The art is wonderful. The puzzles and platforming are well done. But as others have mentioned, despite the cute looks the boss fights are quite difficult.

Anyway, I seem to remember markers on the map telling you where to go? I don't recall having a problem with it. Maybe try a walk-through to get started and see if something clicks?

Back