Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 13-Feb-2013, 12:05   #1
bearon
Registered

Icon Smile OpenCL on Nexus 10 & Android HOWTO

There is a file called libGLES_mali.so in /system/vendor/lib/egl/, which contains entry points for the CL functions. If it doesn't, grab the latest binaries/image from Google for your Nexus 10 (the current JOP40C factory image with SHA1 checksum 0d641789a722cd25eb884cca253900976d131241 will do).

Pull the library from the device, and link it to your native application via ndk-build. While the application can be built like this, it won't run on the device, yet, as the CL calls are not available through the standard library. Add the following line to the Java code before loading your native library, and you’re ready to go:
System.load("/system/vendor/lib/egl/libGLES_mali.so");

The method works with the latest Android 4.2.2 update, build JDQ39, too.
bearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Feb-2013, 15:32   #2
Dade

ARM has released OpenCL SDK for Mali-T600 family few days ago: http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop...li-opencl-sdk/

Isn't Nexus 10 base on T604 ?
Dade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Feb-2013, 17:25   #3
bearon
Registered

Yes it is. The tricky part is getting it working without having to root your device.
Old 21-Feb-2013, 04:27   #4
chrism
Registered

Default Having trouble getting this to work

Hi I'm having trouble getting this to work I'v got the .so lib from the device and I have the System.load("/system/vendor/lib/egl/libGLES_mali.so"); in the java class but I'm not sure how to link it so the .c file. I have tried adding it to a egl folder in the lib folder and linking it via the paths and symbols setting in eclipse but with no luck. any help would be appreciated.
chrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Feb-2013, 23:51   #5
bearon
Registered

This simple example may be of help: http://www.openclblog.com/2013/02/op...10-part-1.html
Old 06-Mar-2013, 17:17   #6
kishonti

Sony Xperia Z has been also found to support OpenCL:
https://clbenchmark.com/device-info....&test=CLB10101
kishonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jul-2013, 23:36   #7
codedivine

Wondering if anyone knows if the Android 4.3 image for the Nexus 10 still contains the OpenCL support. Hoping Google didn't ask it to be removed.
codedivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Jul-2013, 03:19   #8
BlueByLiquid
Registered

Google has specifically disabled OpenCL support on this device with the 4.3 update despite the fact that the driver is still there and used for Renderscript support. They have went out of their way to remove it because no one wants to use renderscript compute.
BlueByLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote