Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 03-Feb-2012, 18:53   #1
[EOCF] Tim

Default Any SiS guys on here? Would appreciate some help with damaged pre-production card.

Maybe a long shot, but I'm hoping there are some (ex) SiS people on here who wouldn't mind helping me out.

I've got a battered and bruised SiS Xabre 600 pre-production card (XABT05A1) pictured below. Since it's a rare card I would really like to get this up and running.

It's got 4 smds missing, unfortunately no idea on the values. Pretty sure it's these numbers :

R177
C246
C247
C327

Would really appreciate if anyone can dig up some designs for me. Thanks.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8...e600prepro.jpg

Last edited by [EOCF] Tim; 03-Feb-2012 at 19:05.
[EOCF] Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-Feb-2012, 12:31   #2
zuiezhen
Registered

Your pictures look down upon! Don't quite understand what you say, can you specific point
zuiezhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-Feb-2012, 16:51   #3
Reznor007

Send a message via ICQ to Reznor007 Send a message via AIM to Reznor007 Send a message via MSN to Reznor007 Send a message via Yahoo to Reznor007

I'm not an SiS guy and I've never seen one of those cards personally. However, from looking at the picture, I think the one you believe to be R177 is actually C297, the cluster of capacitor designators points down towards the row of 5 caps where the missing part is. If that is the case, and all of the missing parts appear to be under the RAM chips for the card, there's a good chance all of them are either 603 or 402 sized 0.1uF or 0.01uF caps. No promises, but that's a common value for caps in areas like that.

If you have a multimeter that can check capacitance, you might check the surrounding caps and the ones around the other RAM chips, as all of those should be nearly identical setups per chip.
Reznor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-Feb-2012, 22:14   #4
[EOCF] Tim

Ah I see, I think you are correct about that. I've got a special tweezers that measure capacity, but think I read you can't measure smds without desoldering it, otherwise you measure the whole circuit? Don't know if that is true.

Good idea about checking the other SMDs. I can see the similarities but they are in different positions. I should have time to check this wednesday, if they are all the same values, it should be simply to measure I suppose.

note. R177 should be C297.

Picture of missing smds here :

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/832...e600prepro.jpg

Front of card if it helps :

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8...e600prepro.jpg

Last edited by [EOCF] Tim; 04-Feb-2012 at 22:30.
[EOCF] Tim is offline   Reply With Quote