Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 03-Jun-2011, 09:17   #26
Arwin
Now Officially a Top 10 Poster

Ah, right. Still, will be interesting to see how much will be writeable in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post
Well it's about 329 PPI for IP4 and 220 for NGP, so there is a fair margin between them. I'm sure the display is still pretty good though and the density is fine.
At least the NGP has almost doube the PPI of the original PSP, and that still holds up pretty well today if you ask me. So the NGP, being right inbetween retina and PSP, should be pretty crisp and has the big advantage of having more screen real-estate, which I think is more valuable. I still way prefer my PSP's screen over my iPhone 3GS' screen, though a bit less ghosting wouldn't hurt . Looking at the off screen videos, the viewing angle on the NGP looks pretty great by the way.
Arwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-Jun-2011, 09:25   #27
Dr Evil
Anas platyrhynchos

Yeah agreed, the res is more than fine for the unit. I think the PPI in Iphone 4 is bit of an overkill and the NGP res is probably at the sweet spot.
Dr Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-Jun-2011, 10:02   #28
DieH@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Grenz View Post
The game carts look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/4qPJ1.jpg
(that's an SD card being held up for comparison)

They're different in form factor from a memory stick or any other flash media standard. It's unclear if NGP will also ship with SD or Memory Card slots for additional storage, if there is built in flash storage or if you'll have to buy large, blank versions of these new carts for downloads, movies, music, etc.
Every NGP will have 2 memory slots, one for game cart and one for storage. One rumor said that cheaper NGP model will not have internal storage, but we will find about that in:

Old 03-Jun-2011, 17:31   #29
patsu
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post
Well it's about 329 PPI for IP4 and 220 for NGP, so there is a fair margin between them. I'm sure the display is still pretty good though and the density is fine.
I am testing with HiDPI. Makes a lot of difference in text reading. Not so sure about gaming impact yet but I suspect it would be beautiful.
My wife pays up to hundreds of dollars for paintings we just hang on the wall They do nothing, just hang their. Journey is interactive, so it does more than our paintings. Art can be expensive! Get over it!
-- 3rdamention@GAF
patsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-Jun-2011, 22:34   #30
AlNets
A bit netty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo View Post
I wonder if they have any AA, if MSAA is dirt cheap like IMG has claimed, most NGP games should looks quality good on the screen.
Earlier builds had no AA apparently, and is now at 2xMSAA right now (at least according to this bloke, but I don't know... http://twitter.com/#!/guabho/status/76356980033339394).
AlNets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Aug-2011, 18:09   #31
DieH@rd

I reccomend watching this in bigger window/fullscreen. Audio is directfeed.

plus, here's a nice video of Resistance