Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 22-Oct-2010, 13:10   #1
B3D News
Beyond3D News

Default ATI 68xx Series Launches

One year has passed since ATI launched its Evergreen lineup. In the meantime, the ATI brand got killed by a beautiful AMD VP of Marketing, great sales were achieved, and the beavers toiled away at tweaking the product mix. The result? Northern Islands says hi!

Read the full news item
B3D News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Oct-2010, 09:14   #2
Squilliam
Beyond3d isn't defined yet

Who are you Beyond3D news? Are you the horseman of an upcoming Barts architecture analysis?
Squilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Oct-2010, 16:15   #3
AlexV
Heteroscedasticitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squilliam View Post
Who are you Beyond3D news? Are you the horseman of an upcoming Barts architecture analysis?
No.
Old 24-Oct-2010, 07:12   #4
Squilliam

Well if wishes were horses....

Anyway I guess I can be at least pleased to get a Fermi architecture analysis. Any possible word on whats coming next?
Old 30-Oct-2010, 08:16   #5
Aenima

Maybe a Cayman architecture analysis, then?
Aenima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Oct-2010, 11:23   #6
AlexV
Heteroscedasticitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
Maybe a Cayman architecture analysis, then?
That's the plan. Don't expect it at launch day though because there's no way to get the HW.
Old 30-Oct-2010, 14:30   #7
I.S.T.

I think it's really, really sad that despite AMD's official presence on this forum, you don't get review cards.
I.S.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Oct-2010, 16:03   #8
Ethatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.S.T. View Post
I think it's really, really sad that despite AMD's official presence on this forum, you don't get review cards.
It's even sadder we as well don't get the support-technician hand-tuning the shaders on-location. Just kidding.

How nice would it be having a driver-developer brain-dumping architectural details and experiences. I guess not even the Gallium guys could tell much about the inner workings of it all.
Ethatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Oct-2010, 17:13   #9
AlexV
Heteroscedasticitate

Beyond3D

Quote:
Whilst I find a number of things sad in the whole "tech" press-IHV interaction sad, the fact we don't usually get sampled (for Cypress for example there was full ATI support) isn't one of them.

Also note that the ATI/NV/Intel/ImgTec/etc. people present here aren't exactly in an official quality, but rather speak for themselves.
Old 30-Oct-2010, 17:25   #10
I.S.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
Whilst I find a number of things sad in the whole "tech" press-IHV interaction sad, the fact we don't usually get sampled (for Cypress for example there was full ATI support) isn't one of them.

Also note that the ATI/NV/Intel/ImgTec/etc. people present here aren't exactly in an official quality, but rather speak for themselves.
Given the way Dave defends his company here and explains its actions, you can forgive me for the confusion!
Old 30-Oct-2010, 17:47   #11
AlexV
Heteroscedasticitate

Quote:
Given the way Dave defends his company here and explains its actions, you can forgive me for the confusion!
If possible, let's not turn this into a "falcon punch Dave" thread. I stand by what I said with regards to IHV employees present on these forums, and them speaking for themselves.
Old 30-Oct-2010, 18:27   #12
I.S.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
If possible, let's not turn this into a "falcon punch Dave" thread. I stand by what I said with regards to IHV employees present on these forums, and them speaking for themselves.
I... wasn't insulting him or anything. I think it's a good thing he defends AMD and explains what they do.
Old 04-Nov-2010, 23:44   #13
Squilliam

I thought Dave Saved everyone... Anyway didn't he set this place up? So how come we're not being set up with a card.