Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 26-Jun-2010, 13:09   #1
Silent_Buddha
Regular

Default [360, PS3] El Shaddai

This look pretty interesting...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...shaddai/700573
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...shaddai/700936

Love the art direction and the abstraction combined with core gameplay. Hope they keep the Japanese voice for this as it's fantastic in this trailer. But we'll probably end up with English voice.

Well assuming it's not Japan only.

Regards,
SB

Last edited by Silent_Buddha; 26-Jun-2010 at 13:40.
Silent_Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Jun-2010, 14:11   #2
Kameradschaft

This game looks simply amazing - the art style is so beautiful...it looks like a more advanced version of Killer7's engine, this game at 60fps would've been freakin' awesome.

Also it's confirmed that this beauty is coming at the US and Europe sometime at 2011.
Kameradschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Jun-2010, 15:41   #3
obonicus

I don't think it's Japan only, since Ignition isn't a Japanese publisher. In fact, they're more like a low-end Atlus.
obonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Jun-2010, 16:39   #4
Xenus

Ignition is an awful horrible excuse for a translation company
Xenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jun-2010, 00:15   #5
Silent_Buddha
Regular

Well, I don't mind if the translation is a little wonky, as long as the game is good. I really like the visuals and the mood it tries to setup with the abstract surroundings.

Regards,
SB
Old 27-Jun-2010, 13:34   #6
legendCNCD

Wow the color palette rotation in the mountainscene, my jaw dropped literally. Hope the game is at least on par.
Old 29-Jun-2010, 03:52   #7
kancerkid

I wonder if a they will really incorporate that odd transistion between multiple points of view in the game. One part it was side-scrolling, the next it was third-person-ish, and at another point it was sort of like a mortal combat 3d fighting point of view. Cool never-the-less.
kancerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Jun-2010, 08:19   #8
Billy Idol

Looks interesting!
Old 29-Jun-2010, 15:15   #9
Arwin
Now Officially a Top 10 Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kancerkid View Post
I wonder if a they will really incorporate that odd transistion between multiple points of view in the game. One part it was side-scrolling, the next it was third-person-ish, and at another point it was sort of like a mortal combat 3d fighting point of view. Cool never-the-less.
I'm expecting yes. I'm cautiously excited, but some parts remind me a little too much of that cartoon-like Prince of Persia of one or two years ago.
Arwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Jun-2010, 02:17   #10
Silent_Buddha
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin View Post
I'm expecting yes. I'm cautiously excited, but some parts remind me a little too much of that cartoon-like Prince of Persia of one or two years ago.
Ack don't remind me of that. That was a horrible excuse for a game. Damn, now I'm having to also hope this doesn't turn out that way.

Regards,
SB
Old 17-Sep-2010, 10:02   #11
czekon

new vid at gamersyde
czekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Sep-2010, 17:14   #12
patsu
Regular

The look. Will follow !
My wife pays up to hundreds of dollars for paintings we just hang on the wall They do nothing, just hang their. Journey is interactive, so it does more than our paintings. Art can be expensive! Get over it!
-- 3rdamention@GAF
patsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Jun-2011, 18:40   #13
RenegadeRocks

Played the japanese demo......have to say ! I am buying this as soon as I can get my hands on it !

It was not the visuals alone that mesmerised me. The visuals are fine, sometimes great, sometimes simple, but the true genius of the game is its fighting system !! I have never come accross a smoother fighting system !! Its just beautifull the way every combination of buttons seems to have a different function and everything flows so smoothly in battle. Yet, it is very simple too !

LOVED IT !!!! but not for its visuals, but its controls ! !
The awesome trailer on youtube !
Renegade's Muse !
RenegadeRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Jun-2011, 19:27   #14
Sigfried1977

I was kinda hoping for a smoother framerate to be honest. I thought it felt a little bit sluggish compared the likes of Dante's Inferno, DMC and to a lesser extent, God of War III.
Sigfried1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Jul-2011, 09:34   #15
RenegadeRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigfried1977 View Post
I was kinda hoping for a smoother framerate to be honest. I thought it felt a little bit sluggish compared the likes of Dante's Inferno, DMC and to a lesser extent, God of War III.
never been bothered by framerate issues much, I guess I am a noob in that regard. Also, coming from my old PC gaming times in college, we were pretty used to playing games on highest possible settings even if the framerate fell down to unplayable ! OTOH, I found the demo pretty smooth, but then I am not a good judge of that.

Now Playing El Shaddai by Gamespot ! Still watching it. Is the game out in the west? Money or no money, I would sure like to buy this !

EDIT: The guy seems to have o idea about how to play the game ! i played better in the demo, even though I am bad at action games. He is just bashing a single button, not even blocking attacks. There are so many moves u can pull off with different button combos in the game, and he has no idea . What a waste! he is downplaying the game for everyone !
Renegade's Muse !

Last edited by RenegadeRocks; 13-Jul-2011 at 10:06.
Old 18-Aug-2011, 08:18   #16
RenegadeRocks

This is genius ! Its the sense of wonder that drives me in gaming, and I think this induces an absolutely tranquil sense of wonder in you, almost like meditation. Wow.......... !
This is why I love Japanese games ! I loved the rhythmic combat in the demo , give it a try before mashing that one button, its absolutely smooth and feels like .....well.....music ! smooth and flowing !
Renegade's Muse !
Old 18-Aug-2011, 14:54   #17
Scott_Arm
Regular

Visually, the game looks incredibly appealing to me. Not sure I like the character designs, but I love the trippy effects and backdrops. My concern, from watching the vid, is that the gameplay looks incredibly boring. The platforming does not look interesting at all.
Scott_Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Aug-2011, 16:22   #18
RenegadeRocks

The demo felt otherwise ! It aint a thrilling, its soothing! The combat is thrilling though as the enemies are pretty stubborn if u don't get into the flow of combat! Especially since u have to steal their weapons if you want to change your weapon. Adds strategy and replayability to the fights as you have to make sure you get back ur melee weapon from someone once u have disposed some with the ranged one, its a to and fro with the enemies where u keep someone alive so that u have a weapon to steal later. Improvisation ! And the combos and counters are very beautiful and smooth flowing , from the demo. Have to get the full game to find out !

Is it out yet ?
Renegade's Muse !