Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 07-Apr-2011, 18:23   #26
dragonelite

New trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGToH9mQTjY&hd=1

dragonelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-Apr-2011, 18:38   #27
Scott_Arm
Regular

Lookin' good
Scott_Arm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-Apr-2011, 22:35   #28
Silent_Buddha
Regular

Bah, looks like a TPS. Was hoping it'd be a top down RPG/action game. Sort of like Diablo or the console version of Baldur's Gate.

Still, I'll be pre-ordering it.

Can't call myself a fan if I don't buy and play every single Warhammer (Fantasy and W40K) game.

Regards,
SB
Silent_Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2011, 22:03   #29
poopypoo

While I would agree that the space marine look in particular, and the art of WH40k in general, have been influential in video games, I'd say it's a pretty wild leap to suggest that the writing has been anywhere near as influential as the work of Heinlein (or even Hubbard or countless others) before it. The writing and thematic concepts of WH40k are slapdash and slapstick, and very unique. It would be shockingly obvious were it to be copied. I used to enjoy the art and concepts but man that game design was awful, perhaps the worst ever, for a popular game...

Slightly more on topic, tho... you know what I'm dying for? A sequel to Space Hulk. That was a great video game.
poopypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Aug-2011, 15:49   #30
Scott_Arm
Regular

Demo is out. Tried it yesterday. It seemed ok, but I don't know. As far as I could tell, there was no cover mechanic. You're kind of slow moving, and there isn't a lot of cover, so there's not much you can do to defend yourself. You have to stun guys and execute them to regain health. The guns really aren't powerful enough to keep the swarms of enemies off you, so you will find yourself using the melee attacks a lot. It wasn't bad, but with the huge swath of games coming out, I just can't see myself buying it over some of the other action and shooter games. They give you a pretty good chunk of the game to play. Seemed like it might get too repetitive.
Old 24-Aug-2011, 18:10   #31
RenegadeRocks

Is the demo out on the ps3?
The awesome trailer on youtube !
Renegade's Muse !
RenegadeRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Aug-2011, 18:10   #32
Scott_Arm
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRocks View Post
Is the demo out on the ps3?
Don't know. It's on Xbox Live. I'd assume it's on PSN as well.
Old 25-Aug-2011, 05:30   #33
RenegadeRocks

Very very fun and satisfying gameplay once you get the hang of it, but hands down the worst graphics on the ps3! Muddy, jaggied and no textures to speak of.
But the gameplay is really fun. Will chk out the PC demo. If the graphics are bearable there, then this seems to be a sure buy(if and when I have monies that is ) !
The awesome trailer on youtube !
Renegade's Muse !
RenegadeRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Sep-2011, 02:06   #34
Onkl Bjorni

Bought the game today and have to say that after playing the campaign for a couple of hours, this game is surprising, in a good way
The gameplay is fun and challenging (medium difficulty), and the framerate look rock solid. The graphic is not going to win any best looking game of the year award, but it's more then good enough. Think the look of the game fits perfectly with the Warhammer 40k universe (atleaste how I imagine it would look)
The voice acting I think is very good, one of the strong points IMO

Anyone else picked this up? And what's your impressions?
Onkl Bjorni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Sep-2011, 16:13   #35
Sigfried1977

I had a ton of fun with the demo. I'm just afraid that what I'm doing in the demo is gonna be everything I'm every going to do over the course of the whole campaign. I like mindless fun, but unless it's in combination with some light rpg hooks I'm afraid it's going to get old really fast for me.
Sigfried1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Sep-2011, 16:32   #36
AlNets
A bit netty

I enjoyed the demo. Keyboard and mouse felt kind of awkward to me though. I didn't get the impression that the PC version was a significant jump over the 360 version, but maybe that's just because it was a demo. *shrug* I thought they were fine any how. Clearly the focus is on the space marine details..

Can't say I'll pick it up for full price though. The lack of campaign co-op is just baffling, not only considering it's W40K, but also because of the history of Relic & the W40K RTS games...
AlNets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Sep-2011, 22:51   #37
Onkl Bjorni

Finished the the campaign over the weekend, have to say this is one of the most enjoyable games i have played this year. The share awesomeness of storming in to a horde of green skins in fury mode with a Thunder Hammer and seeing ork parts fly all over the screen was just incredibly satisfying
Going to try and complete the game on hard now.

So if you like a sci-fi themed action-RPG you should give this game a chance (and I hope it sells well enough to get a sequel)

This game and Too Human are my 2 favorite action-RPG games this gen. And yes I'm aware that Too Human is generally considered to be one of the bigger flops on the 360, but it will always have a special place in my gaming heart. I think its because of the setting, mixing sic-fi with norse mythology is just pure genius in my book

PS: One can loose many hours reading through the various WarHammer 40k wikis
Onkl Bjorni is offline   Reply With Quote