Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 17-Apr-2010, 14:21   #1
rpg.314

Send a message via Skype™ to rpg.314
Default MPAA/RIAA in bed with Anti Virus companies?

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18494/38/

What's next if this comes true?

Last edited by rpg.314; 17-Apr-2010 at 14:28.
rpg.314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2010, 14:49   #2
Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg.314 View Post
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18494/38/

What's next if this comes true?
The media cartels want to criminalise everyone with a PC or with internet access. This is part of their wish-list for controlling what everyone does with their hardware and internet so that everything is controlled by the cartels, much the same as it is in the current physical market. I should think most people and companies will tell them to take a hike. Even their own cartel numbers have recently been discredited by the US government, but that doesn't matter when your business is all about lying and bribing for the laws you want, while cheating the customer and artist at both ends.
Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2010, 16:42   #3
rpg.314

Well they got all the govts of the world in their pocket for sure. I am waiting to see just how much in denial and full of hubris they are when ACTA text is revealed.

I guess the real question is if all the people in power have been bought and paid for, how is this cartel going to be stopped? The only way they can plug piracy is by turning the entire internet into 1984esque dystopia. And I wouldn't put it past them to push for it. Are those corporate profits worth the fundamental freedoms of hundreds of millions of people?
Old 17-Apr-2010, 17:17   #4
tongue_of_colicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg.314 View Post
Well they got all the govts of the world in their pocket for sure. I am waiting to see just how much in denial and full of hubris they are when ACTA text is revealed.

I guess the real question is if all the people in power have been bought and paid for, how is this cartel going to be stopped? The only way they can plug piracy is by turning the entire internet into 1984esque dystopia. And I wouldn't put it past them to push for it. Are those corporate profits worth the fundamental freedoms of hundreds of millions of people?
Like governments give two shits about something like fundamental freedoms. They dont. They only care about themselves. Most politicians are a bunch of spineless losers so ofcourse they will do whatever the big lobbying companies ask from them.

Anyway I'm not worried. It will just be a matter of time before everything everyone does will get encrypted and than all this talk will be over forever because there wont be any way for them to check whatever you are doing anymore.
Old 17-Apr-2010, 17:44   #5
rpg.314

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongue_of_colicab View Post
Like governments give two shits about something like fundamental freedoms.
Governments don't, people do.

Quote:
Anyway I'm not worried. It will just be a matter of time before everything everyone does will get encrypted and than all this talk will be over forever because there wont be any way for them to check whatever you are doing anymore.
Hardly. Media Sentry will d/l the same encrypted stuff and then subpoena you. Unless some kind of IP-hopping can be done.

Tags
copyright abuse, draconian, mpaa, spying