Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 14-Nov-2010, 14:39   #1351
tongue_of_colicab

Fucking piece of shit russian screwing up the race for Alonso. Seriously, for a whole season this guy has been making mistakes and crashing into everything he could but today that failure suddenly has to do his best ever. Alonso should just torpedo himself into that shit car a the end of the GP.
Old 14-Nov-2010, 14:49   #1352
RobertR1
Regular

FUCK YEAH!!! Vettel wins. As I said earlier in this thread, good to see the fastest F1 driver win the drivers title and without any team orders. Hell of a drive by Vitaly Petrov.
Old 14-Nov-2010, 15:13   #1353
Dave Baumann
Gamerscore Wh...

Well, I'd have preferred Webber to have done better as I think there will be plenty more chances for Vettel, probably not so for Webber. At least we have another World Champ on the grid next year - well done Vettel.

Continue using this thread for the end of the 2010 season discussion, but there is a F1 2011 thread here for the build up to 2011, including the immediate tests.
Old 14-Nov-2010, 15:13   #1354
tongue_of_colicab

Well, well done Vettel. Hope next year will be as good as this one.
Old 14-Nov-2010, 15:41   #1355
Davros
Darlek ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongue_of_colicab View Post
Alonso should just torpedo himself into that shit car a the end of the GP.
Why not we all know alonso has no qualms about cheating
Old 14-Nov-2010, 15:55   #1356
tongue_of_colicab

Sure.. But if we start like that how about Button racing a car with a extra hidden fuel tank in 2005?
Old 14-Nov-2010, 16:52   #1357
dizietsma
Naughty Boy!

Alonso did look like he was going to torpedo Petrov at the end of the race

With hindsight a bad call by Ferrari trying to cover Webber, should have just continued going.

Seb was the fastest driver over the year so well deserved.
dizietsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Nov-2010, 18:40   #1358
AlphaWolf
Specious Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizietsma View Post
With hindsight a bad call by Ferrari trying to cover Webber, should have just continued going.
Yep that was a complete mistake on the decision to bring Alonso in, they made sure he'd come out of the pit ahead of Webber, but they screwed up letting him come out behind someone who had already stopped.
AlphaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Nov-2010, 22:55   #1359
Colourless
Monochrome wench

Send a message via ICQ to Colourless Send a message via MSN to Colourless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf View Post
Yep that was a complete mistake on the decision to bring Alonso in, they made sure he'd come out of the pit ahead of Webber, but they screwed up letting him come out behind someone who had already stopped.
Only one someone wouldn't have been as bad, but it was 2. If there was only one car in front of him he may have tried pushing just that little bit harder and gotten past. By the end of the race there was 3 cars in front of him. It was a big big screw up. They should have realized what happened to Mark and just left him out. Unless Alonso's tires were completely off, the decision they made was extremely bad even at the time. I'm' guessing they thought that Webber was going to be able to get past the cars in front and then go faster. The way the race went it looks like Webber knew that he couldn't do what was needed and just hung back and took it easy. Not the way I thought the race would go at all.

Last edited by Colourless; 14-Nov-2010 at 23:01.
Colourless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Nov-2010, 23:45   #1360
Bludd
Eric the Half-a-bee

Congrats, Vettel.

Ferrari did the wrong call on strategy.
Bludd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Nov-2010, 10:50   #1361
Lightman

Congratz Vettel and RBR!

Ferrari didn't do their maximum and Alonso was destined to struggle behind Petrov because of the deficit in straight line speed. I wonder who at Ferrari thought Fernando can overtake a car with 5km/h higher straight line speed on a track where the only overtaking point is at the end of a long straight?
Oh, I know, they were hoping Petrov crashes as usually

Brilliant drive from Kubica, from effectively P14 to P5 with two best overtaking moves of the race. All that in a car which struggled for rear end grip all weekend!

Webber after first tyre change realized that his car hasn't got straight line speed advantage to overtake cars in front and just drove rounds without a fight (or he didn't want to aid his team mate for maiden WDC).

Not to forget Button doing perfect weekend, just how much simple change of brake pad material do to his driving abilities!

Hamilton was very quick, but realistically not quick enough to challenge Vettel. Kudos to him for trying his best though!

Great season! Can't wait for beginning of next one!
Lightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Nov-2010, 12:20   #1362
Phil
wipEout bastard

Send a message via ICQ to Phil

What a glorious victory for no team orders.

Congratulations to Vettel. What a stunning performance throughout the year. Huge thumbs up to Petrov as well. Hope he'll be able to keep his seat.
Old 15-Nov-2010, 12:47   #1363
Phil
wipEout bastard

Send a message via ICQ to Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongue_of_colicab View Post
Team orders over the radio? maybe not. But over the years I've seen more than enough cases of one driver conveniently getting past his teammate with well planned pitstops.
Comparing a few years ago to this years season isn't quite the same, because of the ban on refueling. A few years ago - you'd often end up with team mates held up behind each other because of different race strategies. For both strategies to work, it's essential that both drivers do the best they can on the fuel load they're carrying. To have a team conviniently have one pass his teammate to make his strategy work therefore isn't exactly the same as having Alonso/Massa (or any other two teammates this year) on the same strategy, the same fuel load, both having track position and racing each other having to order one to let the other by.
Old 15-Nov-2010, 20:24   #1364
Tahir2
Itchy

Seb deserved the win in the end, but this season was really not the norm. Usually a car as far ahead of the rest of the pack would have meant an easy wrapping up of the season much earlier.
The drivers this season made a lot of costly mistakes, including all the 5 championship contenders. It was Seb and Mark towards the middle of the season, Lewis towards the end and Alonso at the start of the season. All in all everyones mistakes and mechanical failures cancelled out and... the fastest driver (by going by pole positions alone) in the fastest car won.

Alonso at one point stated he wanted Lewis to win the race, something that Lewis was quite surprised at considering their history.
Old 15-Nov-2010, 20:42   #1365
AlphaWolf
Specious Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahir2 View Post
Alonso at one point stated he wanted Lewis to win the race, something that Lewis was quite surprised at considering their history.
Well, If hamilton had won the race, Alonso would have won the WDC.

That's quite sporting of Alonso.
AlphaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Nov-2010, 21:07   #1366
Tahir2
Itchy

... And not because of Lewis Hamilton's rather stylish goatee and ear piercing? Shirley not!
Old 16-Nov-2010, 12:13   #1367
Davros
Darlek ******

Alonso yesterday
Old 16-Nov-2010, 15:52   #1368
Bludd
Eric the Half-a-bee

Hahaha, Davros. Nice one.

Anyway, it was an amazing season. Every major player had problems during the season, every single one made mistakes. Vettel deserves the championship, Red Bull deserves theirs. Next year will be just as amazing or even better.
Bludd is offline   Reply With Quote