Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 19-Dec-2008, 15:13   #51
DrJay24

This game is shipping up great. It looks like a Crackdown type game but in a GTA4 realistic city. I love the tree jumping, it looks like you can climb up just about anything. This will be a great followup to KZ2 in the spring.
DrJay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Dec-2008, 00:56   #52
Antan

IGN Preview

Mod : Please write a meaningful link so we know why you want us to click it () and paste the URL into the link button. Thanks.
Antan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Jan-2009, 04:01   #53
oramay

I wasn't interested in this game at first. However, after playing Assassin's Creed and discovering how much I like an easy jumping and climbing tall buildings mechanic, I'm looking forward to it now. I'm hoping it'd have that mechanic I just mentioned and at the same time do better with things that ultimately made me give up on Assassin's Creed (in memory block 6 out of total 7, when it becomes one fight after another just to see the next part of a story I'm not in love with).

Specifically, I'm not too keen on most of the activities I do in Assassin's Creed. The thing I enjoy most is reaching for a high viewpoint to mark the map. My least favourite part is fighting a group of enemies and this is what I hope inFamous will satisfy me much more. Right now, I'm quite optimistic about this.
oramay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Jan-2009, 07:33   #54
patsu
Regular

I am impressed by the freedom and openness. Not a fan of the art style. Waiting for more gameplay info. Hopefully it's not like GTA4 (Not my cup of tea).
My wife pays up to hundreds of dollars for paintings we just hang on the wall They do nothing, just hang their. Journey is interactive, so it does more than our paintings. Art can be expensive! Get over it!
-- 3rdamention@GAF
patsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jan-2009, 08:52   #55
patsu
Regular

Nice. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=259

Should show more gameplay screens so that people like me won't pigeon-hole it into a GTA game.
My wife pays up to hundreds of dollars for paintings we just hang on the wall They do nothing, just hang their. Journey is interactive, so it does more than our paintings. Art can be expensive! Get over it!
-- 3rdamention@GAF
Old 15-Jan-2009, 14:52   #56
wco81

Send a message via AIM to wco81

GTA would not be a bad thing to emulate. Especially if it tries to offer some innovative online modes.

Bet they'd love to have sales anywhere near GTA4.
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jan-2009, 16:08   #57
Terarrim

Wonder if the lightning around the legs is the lightning speed ability he is supposed to get later in the game.
Terarrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jan-2009, 13:37   #58
ShadowRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsu View Post
Nice. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=259

Should show more gameplay screens so that people like me won't pigeon-hole it into a GTA game.
Is he fighting a panda ?!
ShadowRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jan-2009, 15:33   #59
obonicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRunner View Post
Maybe a gang that uses a panda motif?
obonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jan-2009, 15:57   #60
Neb
Iron "BEAST" Man

Isn't it a hockey like outfit and is that a hockey stick in his left hand?
Old 16-Jan-2009, 16:29   #61
DJ12

No, the bad guys have hoodies and it's the motif on the hood.

Does anyone else notice a resemblance to Cole and Hale from Resistance (Particular in the train station video at IGN when he leans over someone in a subway)

I have pretty much been ignoring this game until now. At E3 we saw a terrible frame rate and jaggies everywhere, now the frame rate seems pretty solid and there is at least 2xAA and it looks far more interesting to me.

Definite purchase for me now, although I do wish Sucker punch and Naughty Dog didn't completely forget about Sly and Jax and more cartoony games.
DJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jan-2009, 17:21   #62
DrJay24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRunner View Post
Upon further inspection he may be...

Old 16-Jan-2009, 22:42   #63
patsu
Regular

Tropic Thunder !
-- 3rdamention@GAF
Old 21-Jan-2009, 20:21   #64
RenegadeRocks

The recent gameplay vid got me interested. Has a comic book feel to it......let's see how it shapes up.
The awesome trailer on youtube !
Renegade's Muse !
RenegadeRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Jan-2009, 21:02   #65
betan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRocks View Post
The recent gameplay vid got me interested.
What vid?
betan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Jan-2009, 17:00   #66
RenegadeRocks

The ones at gamersyde. I thought it must be listed in this thread somewhere!
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7443_en.html
The awesome trailer on youtube !
Renegade's Muse !
RenegadeRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Jan-2009, 18:09   #67
betan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRocks View Post
The ones at gamersyde. I thought it must be listed in this thread somewhere!
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7443_en.html
Thanks
betan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Feb-2009, 16:12   #68
patsu
Regular

Aiight... the game has piqued my interest with the latest media. it's more imaginative now ^_^
Fighting Panda is really not too bad an idea

Joystiq has a new gameplay video showing new city area and the above enemy:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/10/ny...-infamous-ps3/
-- 3rdamention@GAF
Old 21-Feb-2009, 15:56   #69
DrJay24

The latest Game Trailers TV is an exclusive look at inFamous. The game is shaping up great, lots of power, lots of exploration and the city is great looking. I'm hoping this will be a surprise hit like Crackdown.
Old 22-Feb-2009, 06:50   #70
Kittonwy

Interesting villainess.
Kittonwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Mar-2009, 18:08   #71
patsu
Regular

New trailer showing more enemies and new power (Polarity Shield)

I think I know why I am on the fence for inFamous so far.

* Not too keen in sand box games (Boring if player action has no strategic influence to the entire game world. This point has not come out strongly in inFamous interviews so far. May be I missed it)

* Enemies not challenging enough (Cole is very powerful, may be too powerful. Would be great if future trailers show Cole gets owned by enemies, or in some kind of danger)

* Level looks too normal (Although this was somewhat addressed in an earlier trailer, which I really like).

Other than the above, the game and visual effects look great. ^_^
-- 3rdamention@GAF
Old 13-Mar-2009, 03:39   #72
Lucid_Dreamer

I believe the thing about Cole's powers is that they develop over time, according to the dev. You don't walk into the game with the abilities in that trailer. It appears that your powers increase to be able to deal with the difficulty of a new threat. Plus, Cole runs out of juice the more you use his powers. That ramps up the difficulty level, IMO.

Sucker Punch basically said they wanted the player to pinched in certain situations, like a superhero/supervillain would be at times.
Lucid_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Mar-2009, 08:15   #73
obonicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsu View Post

* Not too keen in sand box games (Boring if player action has no strategic influence to the entire game world. This point has not come out strongly in inFamous interviews so far. May be I missed it)

* Enemies not challenging enough (Cole is very powerful, may be too powerful. Would be great if future trailers show Cole gets owned by enemies, or in some kind of danger)
I suspect the problem is that you hate fun. Why do you hate fun, patsu?
obonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Mar-2009, 12:39   #74
patsu
Regular

Heh heh, it's a new franchise. No one really cares about Cole (yet). The trailers need to tell us how different and fun the game will be in a very short time.

They have been focusing on Cole's electric power so far. Showing him in danger or in charge of the larger/meta sandbox environment would give a fresher perspective of the gameplay. I believe the developers mentioned these elements before.

I liked the last trailer because it gave me a glimpse of the unusual city level, instead of the same old city blocks.
-- 3rdamention@GAF
Old 13-Mar-2009, 13:31   #75
tirminyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid_Dreamer View Post
I believe the thing about Cole's powers is that they develop over time, according to the dev. You don't walk into the game with the abilities in that trailer. It appears that your powers increase to be able to deal with the difficulty of a new threat. Plus, Cole runs out of juice the more you use his powers. That ramps up the difficulty level, IMO.

Sucker Punch basically said they wanted the player to pinched in certain situations, like a superhero/supervillain would be at times.
Correct. Cole powers do run out and the users have to find a power source to charge back up but if you are in an area that doesn't have electricity that would be kinda hard to do.