Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 15-Jul-2008, 07:23   #1
patsu
Regular

Sony Playstation 3 [PS3] Infamous

Short InFamous trailer revealed at Spike TV tonight:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36317.html

Shows lightning bolts, kinetic punches and free roaming. I guess they are going to show more tomorrow.

EDIT: Q&A from IGN: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/889/889368p1.html

Didn't know what the game is about. Now I do.
The destructible game world should be a draw for some.

Quote:
Nate Fox: A good way to think of it is Cole is developing command of electricity. He's not an intrinsic source of energy, but he's able to manipulate it quite effectively.

IGN: Given that this is essentially a superhero game, does that mean that we're going to see some over-the-top boss battles?

Nate Fox: Enthusiastically YES! We think having incredible villains is core to this genre. …and that's all I can say for now.

IGN: How does movement play into the overall mechanics? How easy is it to leap around from wall to rooftop to light post?

Nate Fox: Pre-blast, Cole's passion was urban exploring. He's got excellent climbing and athletic skills; climbing up a face of a building, leaping across rooftops, and jumping from a light post to the elevated train tracks are all things Cole can effortlessly execute. We've worked really hard to try to make the climbing and movements all feel great, and we're excited with where we are.

IGN: How immersive and full is the world? Will you see people going about their business, like you might in Grand Theft Auto?

Nate Fox: We have a team of guys who are working on that specific area! It's not just "going about their business" to add flavor for flavors sake though. The entire city is built up from objects the citizens can use and interact with. When you enter new areas of the city, the civilians are unhappy and desperate – you'll find them digging through trash, sleeping on the streets. As the tide turns in the city, their behaviors will all change. This all is one of the most important and visible parts of making you feel heroic or villainous.

IGN: How destructible is the city?

Nate Fox: When you get done fighting in the street it'll often look as if a tornado has torn through the place --it's very satisfying. But really the city is more than just destructible... it's completely wired for electricity and conduction. It's also completely climbable and useful for combat.
My wife pays up to hundreds of dollars for paintings we just hang on the wall They do nothing, just hang their. Journey is interactive, so it does more than our paintings. Art can be expensive! Get over it!
-- 3rdamention@GAF
patsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 03:31   #2
nAo
Nutella Nutellae

This game is for me one of the best things seen at this E3. Graphics seems to be vastly improved compared to last year and for what we have seen so far about the gameplay it looks fun to play as well!
The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way
nAo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 03:39   #3
Scott_Arm
Regular

Looks pretty neat. Kind of a hybrid of Force Unleashed and Assassin's Creed.
Scott_Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 04:04   #4
Kittonwy

Infamous is the game of the show for me so far (aside from R2 because I wuv me some Resistance).
Kittonwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 04:37   #5
patsu
Regular

Is there any hands on impression ? Can we really climb up any building and along any ledges ? And destructible environment ? I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment
My wife pays up to hundreds of dollars for paintings we just hang on the wall They do nothing, just hang their. Journey is interactive, so it does more than our paintings. Art can be expensive! Get over it!
-- 3rdamention@GAF
Old 16-Jul-2008, 06:08   #6
betan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsu View Post
Is there any hands on impression ? Can we really climb up any building and along any ledges ? And destructible environment ? I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment
Is there a gameplay footage, non-teaser trailer or something?
Haven't seen anything on PSN.
betan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 06:25   #7
patsu
Regular

I haven't seen any (Am watching Cloverfield from PSN Video Store now ^_^)
-- 3rdamention@GAF
Old 16-Jul-2008, 07:04   #8
Kittonwy

Quote:
INFAMOUS LIVE DEMO:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6194...up=e32008_live

Yes you can climb up any building and along any ledges, you can climb up any light pole and basically balance on top of it. You can blow up cars and stuff.
Old 16-Jul-2008, 07:04   #9
Kittonwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAo View Post
This game is for me one of the best things seen at this E3. Graphics seems to be vastly improved compared to last year and for what we have seen so far about the gameplay it looks fun to play as well!
You have great taste.
Old 16-Jul-2008, 07:34   #10
patsu
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittonwy View Post
INFAMOUS LIVE DEMO:

Yes you can climb up any building and along any ledges, you can climb up any light pole and basically balance on top of it. You can blow up cars and stuff.
Wow, that's pretty neat. Not really my favorite game type, but it's on my radar now.
-- 3rdamention@GAF
Old 16-Jul-2008, 14:05   #11
jayco

Old 16-Jul-2008, 16:08   #12
Cheezdoodles
+ 1

Quote:
I sure hope we can climb anything, like in assassins creed (well virtually better). Also hope that the "destructible environment" is really destructible, so you can raze buildings and stuff.

Because destructible environment gets thrown alot these days, i say not until your atleast at BF:BC level you can say you have destructible environment.

Shooting at pillars and seeing them take a slight bumb, isn't destructible in my book.

Looks cool. Crackdown is similar (free roaming superhero) and was fun, this looks more interesting in my book.
Old 16-Jul-2008, 18:28   #13
wco81

Send a message via AIM to wco81

Is this a first-party/second-party game?

Never heard of Sucker Punch but apparently some of the people worked on Sly Cooper?

So it sounds like they transitioned from platformers to action-adventure/superhero type of game.

But a totally new character instead of one based on known properties. Maybe if they made Spiderman games this way. Or do something with the TV show Heroes.
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 18:31   #14
Gradthrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Is this a first-party/second-party game?

Never heard of Sucker Punch but apparently some of the people worked on Sly Cooper?

So it sounds like they transitioned from platformers to action-adventure/superhero type of game.

But a totally new character instead of one based on known properties. Maybe if they made Spiderman games this way. Or do something with the TV show Heroes.
Sucker Punch is a 1st party dev, and yes, they developed the Sly Cooper series of games for the PS2.
Gradthrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 20:30   #15
Cheezdoodles
+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Yeah, i kinda dont get why people dont put more effort into movie-based games. The marketing and branding is allready there, if somebody would make a really really good spiderman game for example it would sell amazing amounts.
Old 16-Jul-2008, 22:17   #16
patsu
Regular

Isn't it a creative control and $$$ issue ? (I'd imagine so, but I am an outsider in this area).
-- 3rdamention@GAF
Old 16-Jul-2008, 22:28   #17
Mr. Domino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradthrawn View Post
Sucker Punch is a 1st party dev, and yes, they developed the Sly Cooper series of games for the PS2.
Sucker Punch isn't first party as far as I know.

Last edited by Mr. Domino; 16-Jul-2008 at 22:35.
Mr. Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 22:30   #18
MJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Domino View Post
Sucker Punch ins't first party as far as I know.
Yeah they're independent of Sony.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 22:53   #19
betan

They are like Insomniac, independent but have been working with Sony only (for some time).
betan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 23:15   #20
eastmen

looks cool kinda like that prototype game that was announced awhile back.

I like super hero games. If this is even half as good as crackdown i will own it day 1
eastmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2008, 23:24   #21
obonicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmen View Post
I like super hero games. If this is even half as good as crackdown i will own it day 1
Ditto. I need my next-gen Ultimate Destruction. Prototype is also on my short list.
obonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Jul-2008, 03:16   #22
crabbz

This is looking really cool! Any word on whether or not you can use the vehicles? The trailers haven't shown any indication of driving around.
crabbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Jul-2008, 03:51   #23
Kittonwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbz View Post
This is looking really cool! Any word on whether or not you can use the vehicles? The trailers haven't shown any indication of driving around.
He wields electricity throughout his body, probably not a good idea to sit inside a vehicle full of gas.
Old 17-Jul-2008, 04:07   #24
Archgamer

Quote:
Never mind the game, but that interview was horrible. It's like the girl didn't know what questions to ask that guy. But then again the guy didn't do any better. At the end of the interview, it was hilarious.
Archgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Jul-2008, 04:32   #25
Scott_Arm
Regular

Quote:
He wields electricity throughout his body, probably not a good idea to sit inside a vehicle full of gas.
Yeah, but think of the fuel economy he can get with a hydrogen fuel cell car ... electrolysis of water anyone?
Scott_Arm is offline   Reply With Quote