Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 28-Nov-2007, 00:12   #1
B3D News
Beyond3D News

Default Radeon HD 3870 supply hampered by a board-level manufacturing issue

The Tech Report have uncovered information about why the recently launched AMD Radeon HD 3870 hasn't shown up in volume for folks to buy, at least as far as unbundled retail goes. Pricing details are also revealed.

Read the full news item
B3D News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Nov-2007, 00:22   #2
ShaidarHaran
hardware monkey

Is there any truth to this rumor? Is it related to the alleged "power component" issue with 8800 GTs?
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Nov-2007, 09:07   #3
satein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
Is there any truth to this rumor? Is it related to the alleged "power component" issue with 8800 GTs?
They said it's a problem with resister, which makes me recalled the time of launching 8800GTX. At that time, there was news on recalling the 8800GTX back due to the same reason of a problem of resister.

However, hope that they are fixing it and let the card come out more before X'Mas
Old 28-Nov-2007, 09:18   #4
_xxx_
Naughty Boy!

"Bad resistor"? Like, whaaa? It's not like you couldn't get them everywhere and a bad SMD resistor is replaced within seconds in some dark corner at the the end of the production line. Talk about a lame excuse.
Old 07-Dec-2007, 15:23   #5
Ilfirin

Has anyone been able to get more information on this? According to the news item the cards should be widely available again by now, but I'm still having a pretty hard time finding any 3870s in stock. Not to mention that the only ones I do find in stock are all in the range of ~270 USD.

Seems to me like they're killing their only saving grace with this product line-up.
Ilfirin is offline   Reply With Quote