Join Date: Apr 2002
New version of RivaTuner released
Thanks goes to the guru for the news. Unwinder is one amazing guy.
RivaTuner RC 12.1 + SofR9700 @ Guru3D
Posted by Hilbert on the 13th of January, 2003
Alexey just submitted the heavily awaited RivaTuner to me. This version has the usual round of updates and improvements but the one most of you have been waiting for is if course integration SoftR9700 (this SoftR9700 patch script can turn any 128-bit R9500 into 9500PRO and any 256-bit R9500 into R9700 without soldering the resistor on the R300 GPU and without loosing warranty!). Our patch contrary to the yesterday released hacked Wizard Radeon drivers are Catalyst 3.0 compatible !
The list of updates goes on and on, so here's a small overview !
If you like to discuss this topic then please go to this forum-thread where the programmer can be found also. I must warn you though do not bug him with questions like 'how much longer until the new RivaTuner is out'. To post/reply you need to be registered to the forums.
* Full Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx support including the latest Detonator 42.01
* Added DVC 3.0 support.
* Revised NVStrap v1.3 driver for both Windows 9x and Windows 2000/XP
* Added ATI RADEON 9500 / 9500PRO / 9700 / Fire GL X1 / FireGL Z1 low level support. Now RivaTuner can diagnose and overclock these graphics processors.
* Added SoftR9700 patch script for Catalyst 6.200 - 6.255, which allow you to enable software locked 8 pixel pipelines on RADEON 9500 based boards and turn any 128-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9500PRO and any 256-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9700PRO.
* Improved database format. Now the similar keys and values in the database can be described with a loop variable.
And the list goes on and on. More details can be found on Rivatuner homepage.
Installation of SoftR9700 with Rivatuner:
* Select Power User
* Click on the Open Patch Script button
* Browse to: /PatchScripts/ATI/SoftR9700/
* Open and execute the scipt, You MUST agree to the license!
* Hit continue and point the script towards thge spot where ati2mtag.sys is located (usually /Windows/system32/drivers/ and patch it.
* Restart and start benchmarking
"don't read too much into this"
"Politicians are like cannibals. They may criticize each others table manners but none of them are promoting vegetarianism."
"Iain M. Banks: The best argument for the English language."
Join Date: Apr 2002
From the download page. (They don't like linking)
Version 2.0 Release Candidate 12.1:
· Fixed bug in uncompressed modes format handling code in the custom mode wizard, which prevented RivaTuner from adding custom display modes under the Detonator 27.41 and older.
· Fixed bug in the Direct3D anisotropic filtering optimization dialog, which caused anisotropic filtering optimization settings reset under the Detonator 28.xx - 29.xx.
· Fixed sample report loading routine, corrupted due to changes made in the previous version.
· Removed unsupported 4x 9-tap antialiasing mode for NV17 based boards.
· Fixed bug in the launcher, which prevented RivaTuner from passing correct command line parameters to an application if the path to it contained spaces.
· Minor UI fixes.
· Full Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx support including the latest Detonator 42.01
· Added databases for the Detonators 40.72 (for both Windows 9x and Windows 2000/XP), 41.03 (for Windows 2000/XP only), 41.09, 41.80 and 42.01 (for both Windows 9x and Windows 2000/XP).
· Updated Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx compatible patch scripts including popular AnisoBooster and NVStrap antiprotection.
· Updated presets for the Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx
· Added NVIDIA compressed modes format v2.x support. Now RivaTuner's built-in 60Hz refresh rate fix wizard and custom mode wizard are fully compatible with the Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx.
· Added DVC 3.0 support. Now RivaTuner's driver level color schemes contain image sharpness level for NV30 based boards. RivaTuner's driver level color scheme manager is now fully compatible with the Detonator 41.xx+.
· Revised NVStrap v1.3 driver for both Windows 9x and Windows 2000/XP. Now the driver supports PCI DeviceID programming on the latest NVIDIA NV18 and NV28 GPUs.
· Added hybrid MSAA/SSAA antialiasing modes 6xS and 8xS for NV20+ based boards for the Detonator 40.xx+.
· Improved launcher:
o Launcher's hotkey handling routine is not reenterable now. This allows you to avoid blocking the Detonator's gamma manager functionality when using hotkeys with associated driver level color schemes.
o Now RAT (restore after termination) mode can be used for associated low level color schemes too.
· Added NSIS 2.0 beta 0 based installer.
· Improved tweaking safety. Now RivaTuner displays warning message when you install unsupported version of the Detonator driver.
· Improved uninstaller. Now RivaTuner also unregisters its' shell extensions when using the /U command line switch.
· Improved patch script format and patch script interpretator. Now patch scripts can be applied to the packed files (e.g. *.dl_ or *.sy_) as well as to the original unpacked files.
· Integrated SoftQuadro4 scripts pack. Detonator 41.xx - 42.xx compatible SoftQuadro4 and NV25AALines patch scripts are now included in RivaTuner. Warning! You must read and accept RivaTuner's license agreement before using these scripts.
· Added monitor driver creation wizard:
o Now you can create a driver for your monitor using EDID information (for DDC capable monitors only) or manually specifying the monitor's parameters. This feature is extremely useful if you have no driver from your monitor manufacturer.
o You can override the minimum refresh rate for each display mode supported by your graphics subsystem directly in the monitor's driver you are creating. Once created a driver with the minimum refresh rate overrides, you can simply install it to fix infamous 60Hz problem under Windows 2000/XP at the monitor driver level.
· Added monitor manufacturer decryption to the 'EDID details' diagnostic report category. Added monitor manufacturers list to RivaTuner's hardware database.
· Added ATI RADEON 9500 / 9500PRO / 9700 / Fire GL X1 / FireGL Z1 low level support. Now RivaTuner can diagnose and overclock these graphics processors. Thanks to Andrew Worobiew for providing RADEON 9500 sample.
· Added low level memory bus type detection for ATI R200 / RV250 / R300 based boards. Added memory bus type information to the 'ATI specific display adapter info' diagnostic report category.
· Blocked low level diagnostic / overclocking for RV250 / R300 secondary heads.
· Added SoftR9700 patch script for Catalyst 6.200 - 6.255, which allow you to enable software locked 8 pixel pipelines on RADEON 9500 based boards and turn any 128-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9500PRO and any 256-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9700PRO. Warning! You must read and accept RivaTuner's license agreement before using this script.
· Improved database format. Now the similar keys and values in the database can be described with a loop variable.
Windows 98 (updated MFC libraries required), Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
Any NVIDIA display adapter starting from Riva TNT. However, the built-in registry editor, application launcher and low level diagnostic module can be also used with any other display adapter.
Detonator 2.08 or higher NVIDIA reference drivers for Windows 98 / Windows 98 SE or Windows ME.
Detonator 5.08 or higher NVIDIA reference drivers for Windows 2000 / Windows XP.
# Friendly UI.
# Multi-monitor support.
# Extreme System / Direct3D / OpenGL / Color tweaking possibilities for all existing versions of Detonator drivers (including Detonator 2.xx, the fastest drivers for TNT/TNT2 chipsets):
# Advanced Direct3D mipmapping settings including fine LOD bias adjustment for both TNT and GeForce chipsets
# Advanced Direct3D depth-buffering settings
# Advanced OpenGL VSync controls
# Additional OpenGL performance and image quality settings
# Desktop and overlay color control
# Advanced system settings
# Flexible built-in registry editor. No more REG files, no more manual registry exploring. Just forget about it. RivaTuner will correctly detect the display driver’s registry keys and allow you to track changes and add, edit or remove specified registry entries. It is the indispensable tool for power users and generally simplifies driver tweaking.
# Easy customizable databases for built-in registry editor. You can customize existing or create your own registry databases.
# Full databases for the Detonator 2.xx, 3.34, 3.56, 3.62, 3.68, 3.69, 3.72, 3.75, 3,76, 3.77, 4.20, 5.08, 5.1x, 5.22, 5.30, 5.32, 6.1x, 6.26, 6.27, 6.3x, 6.47, 6.49, 6.50, 6.53, 6.67, 6.72, 7.17, 7.5x, 7.78, 8.04, 10.xx, 11.00, 11.01, 12.00, 12.20, 12.40, 12.41, 12.60, 12.90, 14.10, 14.20, 14.70, 21.81, 21.83, 21.85, 22.50, 22.80, 23.10, 23.11, 23.12, 27.00, 27.10, 27.20, 27.30, 27.42, 27.50, 27.51, 27.70, 28.32, 28.80, 28.90. 29.11, 29.20, 29.4x, 29.60, 29.80, 30.00, 30.30, 30.82, 31.00, 31.40, 40.41, 40.52 and 40,71 are included in RivaTuner.
# Each Detonator database contains full set of registry entries for specified drivers and default values for each entry. Experienced users will gain access to all undocumented settings of Detonator drivers. It is no other utilities, which can give you more tweaking possibilities.
# Flexible preset editor. A preset is the kind of script file which can add or remove registry entries. You can create presets using built-in registry editor or you can just export your settings to REG file. RivaTuner uses macro names for registry keys stored into preset, so you can safely transfer presets from PC to PC. High quality, high performance and some game presets for Detonator 6.xx-12.xx are included in this version.
# Flexible preset / color scheme / application launcher:
* You can launch color scheme, created via built-in color scheme editor
* Preset and color scheme can be associated with any application. Also you can gain performance boost by changing application priority class
* Optional “Restore After Terminating” mode. RivaTuner can save color scheme and preset entries before launching application and restore saved settings after terminating this application
* Powerful overclocking tool for Detonator 3.xx and newer drivers:
* o Maximum overclocking safety due to NVIDIA driver's overclocking interface (aka CoolBits) utilization.
o Extended overclocking range. You can increase core and memory clock frequencies by up to 100%.
o RivaTuner can detect default clock frequencies without rebooting your system.
o Optional "Restore clock frequencies after suspended mode" option. RivaTuner can save core and memory clock frequencies before entering suspended mode and restore it when system resumes. This virtually fixes the driver's bug and helps to avoid 100MHz/83MHz underclocking problem .
* Powerful low level hardware overclocking tool for all NVIDIA graphics processors:
* o Full driver independence due to direct access to NVIDIA graphics processor's registers.
o Unlike the Detonator drivers, RivaTuner's low level overclocking module doesn't switch display mode and allows to avoid annoying display mode switch when applying overclocking settings at Windows startup.
* Flexible user customizable low level diagnostic module. You can create graphics subsystem diagnostic report including the following categories:
* Northbridge information and northbridge PCI configuration space snapshot. RivaTuner can detect Intel 440LX, Intel 440BX, Intel 440GX, Intel i820 Camino, Intel i815 Solano, Intel i850 Tehama, VIA MVP3, VIA KT133 series, VIA KX133, VIA Apollo PRO series, VIA Apollo PRO Plus, VIA Apollo PRO 133A, VIA Apollo PRO 266, VIA KT266 series, VIA P4X266, ALi 1541, ALi 1621, ALi 1641, SiS 645, SiS 735 and AMD 751 northbridges. The database of northbidges is user customizable and you can easily extend it.
* IDirect3D7 HAL/TnL HAL and IDirect3D8 HAL capabilities dump.
* Display adapter information and display adapter PCI configuration space snapshot. RivaTuner can display AGP diagnostic info for NVIDIA and ATI based display adapters. The database of display adapters is user customizable and you can easily extend it.
* NVIDIA graphics processor's registers snapshot. By default RivaTuner shows the most important general purpose and RAMDAC related registers. The database of the registers is user customizable and you can easily extend it.
* RivaTuner's low level diagnostic module allows to compare two graphics subsystem diagnostic reports. This feature is very effective when tracking changes in PCI configuration space and in graphics processor's registers.
# A Flexible built-in patch script system. Now you can easily create your own patches and execute them via RivaTuner. You can perform masked search and replace functions, restore checksum for system files, create backup copies and use version-dependent scripts. The following patch scripts are included in this version:
# patch script. Are you going to turn your GeForce into a Quadro? Now you don't need to void your warranty by soldering your display adapter. SoftQuadro can unlock all the professional Quadro features on software level. NvXTInitFix
patch script. Are you having major problems with GeForce2 Pro/GeForce2 Ultra or GeForce3 overclocking under Windows 2000? Now you can fix the bug in the Detonator drivers with RivaTuner! Read FAQ for details.
patch scripts are full analogs of my S3TCFixPack utility. These patch scripts can be used in order to fix DXT1 quality problem on Detonator 6.46 and older.
The most of the information, included in RivaTuner's context help is exclusive and never was available in any other tweaking program.
RivaTuner's context help contains a lot of tips, which can help you to customize the driver's settings.
Driver independent hardware monitoring. RivaTuner can read and monitor AGP and overclocking settings directly from the hardware.
· RivaTuner officially supports only Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. It will not start on other operating system by default. However, you can disable OS version checking and run it on other OS. Run the DisableOSCheck.reg file to disable OS version checking.
· Due to a bug in the Detonator drivers, RivaTuner reports double memory clock frequency on certain MX200/MX400 boards. Read FAQ for details.
· Due to unknown reason the Detonator 21.81 cannot correctly call NvHWCtl/NvXTInit/NvColorInit functions on certain GeForce2 MX based systems under Windows 9x. It causes improper control panel operation and prevents it from overclocking and applying a color scheme at Windows startup. This glitch will be also echoed in RivaTuner and the rest driver-level NVIDIA tweakers (NVMax, GTU) and will cause overclocking and color correction malfunction. The only way to avoid it is to wait for the fixed driver from NVIDIA.
· You will not be able to overclock the secondary NVIDIA-based display adapter on multiple monitor systems until you will enable 'Apply overclocking at Windows startup' for the primary NVIDIA-based adapter.
· RivaTuner may block keyboard input in fullscreen DOS applications on WindowsXP due to the incompatibility between this OS and the unified /IO trick. You must unload RivaTuner before starting any fullscreen DOS application under Windows XP. You may also use the DisableIODriver registry entry in order to prevent RivaTuner from loading the driver.
Built-in 60Hz refresh fix for Windows2000/XP. This fix enumerates all the display modes supported by your graphics hardware and allows it to use only the maximum supported refresh rate for each display mode.
· RivaTuner officially supports Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. It will not start on other operating system by default. However, you can disable OS version checking via the registry and run it on unsupported OS at your own risk:
Note: Windows95 is no longer supported. RivaTuner v2.0 Release Candidate 6 is the last version, which can work with this OS.
· Due to unknown reason the Detonator 21.xx cannot correctly call NvHWCtl/NvXTInit/NvColorInit functions on certain GeForce2 MX based systems under Windows 9x. It causes improper control panel operation and prevents it from overclocking and applying a color scheme at Windows startup. This glitch will be also echoed in RivaTuner and the rest driver-level NVIDIA tweakers (NVMax, GTU) and will cause overclocking and color correction malfunction. The only way to avoid it is to use other drivers or RivaTuner's low level overclocking module.
· You will not be able to overclock the secondary NVIDIA-based display adapter on multiple monitor systems until you will enable the 'Apply overclocking at Windows startup' for the primary NVIDIA-based adapter.
· The memory clock frequency on some DDR display adapters (e.g. GeForce2 Ultra and GeForce3) can only be adjusted with the crystal frequency granularity (14.318MHz). This applies to low level overclocking module only. Now I'm trying to find a work around.
· It's not recommended to use RivaTuner's low level overclocking and clock monitoring on GeForce2 Go / Quadro2 Go graphics processors. It looks like GeForce2 Go / Quadro2 Go graphics processor's core clock programming mechanism differs from the rest NVIDIA graphics processors and currently it is not supported.
· The 'IDirect3D7 HAL capabilities' and 'IDirect3D7 TnL HAL capabilities' graphics subsytem diagnostic report categories are currently available on the primary display adapters only.
RIVATUNER IS SUPPLIED "AS IS". THE AUTHOR ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF RIVATUNER This program should be used at your own risk. We are not responsible for anything that happens to you or your computer after using this utility.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|GT4 Reviews start rolling in...||london-boy||Console Technology||148||12-Mar-2005 12:45|
|Latest Half-Life 2 version?||Reverend||PC Games||10||16-Dec-2004 09:58|
|C&VG: Xbox2 To Be Unveiled at GDC||Megadrive1988||Console Technology||33||21-Nov-2003 03:01|
|new forum version||mat||Site Feedback||3||17-Jul-2002 02:33|
|Full source code for DX8.1 3D space sim game released||mech||3D Architectures & Chips||12||07-May-2002 15:09|