Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 02-Jan-2014, 07:42   #851
Brad Grenz
Philosopher & Poet

I wish Tearaway had sold better, because having small teams inside their all their major studio working on little Vita projects like that would have been great for the platform.
Brad Grenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Jan-2014, 10:24   #852
arijoytunir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Grenz View Post
I wish Tearaway had sold better, because having small teams inside their all their major studio working on little Vita projects like that would have been great for the platform.
This way sony can sustain a handheld gaming market and compete with nintendo. I dont think streaming games aka gaikai is the future. As when fps games are really difficult to play on a small screen .
arijoytunir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Jan-2014, 14:50   #853
Ryan Smith

Considering the recent announcement of the Vita 2000's UK launch, did anyone ever tear apart the Vita 2000 after the Japanese launch? I'm curious as to whether Sony has given the Vita SoC a die shrink or not, since the original was a 4Xnm part.
Ryan Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2014, 06:19   #854
Wynix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Smith View Post
Considering the recent announcement of the Vita 2000's UK launch, did anyone ever tear apart the Vita 2000 after the Japanese launch? I'm curious as to whether Sony has given the Vita SoC a die shrink or not, since the original was a 4Xnm part.
I'm curious about this too; it has a modest boost in battery life yet it is smaller and has an LCD screen(consumes less than OLED).

It seems likely that it is 32/28nm.

Also the UK price for the new Vita is laughable. 180?

Last edited by Wynix; 01-Feb-2014 at 06:33.
Wynix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2014, 07:22   #855
Brad Grenz
Philosopher & Poet

I kinda doubt they are producing Vita's on a scale at this point that it's worth the expense of a shrink.
Brad Grenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
543mp4, dreamcast, imgtec, sgx, tbdr, vindicated