Join Date: Apr 2008
Senior Matte Painter
A Sydney based vfx studio is currently looking for a Senior Matte Painter to join its busy team.
To be successful in this role the following is required of all candidates:
• Ability to follow a brief and produce complex matte painted elements to a high standard with a thorough understanding of perspective, lighting, and colour.
• The ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes that exhibit a strong foundation in photo-realistic traditional and digital art; and an understanding of composition and camera focal lengths.
• Extensive knowledge of matte painting techniques. Including a high proficiency in Photoshop an understanding of photography, digital modelling, 2d compositing software and 3d projection work in both Maya and Nuke to enable the integration to be at the highest level.
• Other software skills that would be an advantage would include Mari, Mudbox, Zbrush and Vue.
• Able to work well with others in a team environment and when required to pass knowledge to other staff members
• The ability to produce concept art that conveys the style, lighting and character of the brief would be an advantage.
• Experience and understanding of working in stereoscopic would be an advantage.
closes: 30 Sep 2012