Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 03-May-2012, 16:21   #1
Grall
Invisible Member

Thumbs down ACTIVISION proves they are most evil: hires Ollie North to evangelize for Black Ops2.

Jesus fucking christ, that they're paying that lying-ass dog war criminal, it's beyond offensive.

I swear I will NEVER buy another EA game. EVER.

Fuck them!

*Edit: I've realized now that EA doesn't actually make Black Ops 2. Oops! lol. My bad!

Last edited by Grall; 03-May-2012 at 17:09. Reason: I'm a dumbass...
Grall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-May-2012, 16:55   #2
Davros
Naughty Boy!

A bit more info would be nice

EA shutting down Rock Band iOS game - Even if you own it.

Today...
EA: Rock Band iOS to remain alive, closure message sent in error
EA’s confirmed it won’t kill Rock Band iOS after users were sent a message that said the game would come to an end at the end of this month.

Users reported the game would come to an end on May 31.

“Dear Rockers, On May 31, Rock Band will no longer be playable on your device. Thank for rocking out with us,” read the full message.

EA has now come out and confirmed that isn’t the case, insisting the message was sent out in error.

My theory: They did a u-turn because of the bad publicity
Old 03-May-2012, 17:13   #3
Grall
Invisible Member

I read this news blurb at Kotaku <--click the invisible link - just after having read about what you posted regarding Rock Band, and my mind immediately jumped to the conclusion EA was at it again.

Sorry, that was a mistake, the CoD series is of course published by Activision (which I should have realized immediately myself, even though I've never actually played any of those games), which is headed by the thrice-damned son of Satan himself, Bobby Kotick.

This puts me in a bit of an ethical bind here, because Activision also owns roughly 50% of Blizzard Entertainment. I leave it up to you guys to draw the logical conclusions of why that is the case...
Old 03-May-2012, 17:42   #4
I.S.T.

Given how much bullshit is being announced about... once every two weeks or so about Diablo 3, I'd say Blizzard was infected long, long ago.
I.S.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-May-2012, 18:47   #5
AlphaWolf
Specious Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grall View Post
I read this news blurb at Kotaku <--click the invisible link - just after having read about what you posted regarding Rock Band, and my mind immediately jumped to the conclusion EA was at it again.

Sorry, that was a mistake, the CoD series is of course published by Activision (which I should have realized immediately myself, even though I've never actually played any of those games), which is headed by the thrice-damned son of Satan himself, Bobby Kotick.

This puts me in a bit of an ethical bind here, because Activision also owns roughly 50% of Blizzard Entertainment. I leave it up to you guys to draw the logical conclusions of why that is the case...
I believe you should move to monastery and forsake all contact with anything produced by a large corporation. You need to apply your standards equally.
AlphaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-May-2012, 19:35   #6
Davros
Naughty Boy!

woah, I dont think any industry pulls the kind of crap the software industry pulls.
Old 03-May-2012, 19:58   #7
Grall
Invisible Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf View Post
I believe you should move to monastery and forsake all contact with anything produced by a large corporation.
Religion is a tool of corruption as well... (Not to mention, indoctrination, ignorance and fear, but that's another topic.)

Quote:
You need to apply your standards equally.
Yeah, I really should. I know this. ...But I've been waiting for D3 for more than half a decade already, gnignignigniieeeee.... (That's a sound of extreme frustration btw, to anyone who did not realize. )

Fuck Viendi for selling out to Activision, not that they themselves probably are much better, if any, really. Wonder why the original parent company of Blizzard sold them off. Hope they've been kicking themselves ever since.
Old 03-May-2012, 20:14   #8
AlphaWolf
Specious Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
woah, I dont think any industry pulls the kind of crap the software industry pulls.
They all do. People at this forum just tend to care about the others less. Also the software industry more often gets caught at it because of their users generally being more technically inclined and informed.

Personally I think the food industry is by far the most evil.
Old 03-May-2012, 21:48   #9
Grall
Invisible Member

Chem corps are the worst, because they sit in the position of doing the most damage - by far.

Remember Union Carbide, anyone?
Quick mental refresher: ~12,000 people killed, and 550,000 injured from the poison gas leak at their plant in Bhopal, India, back in the 80s. Add PCB, DDT, endochrine disruptors used industry-wide in all kinds of plastics, flame retardants in furniture, carpets, fabrics, all kinds of consumer goods and so on.

Ticking timebomb of epic proportions this stuff is.

Last edited by Grall; 03-May-2012 at 21:53.
Grall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-May-2012, 21:53   #10
AlphaWolf
Specious Misanthrope

You think chemicals have the potential do more damage than food? I'm going to have to disagree.
Old 03-May-2012, 21:59   #11
Grall
Invisible Member

Food comes from many sources the world over and has no ability to harm any substantial portion of humanity - even when considering such incidents as the melamine scandals in China for example - while toxic chemicals are compounding in our bodies continuously due to us sitting on top of the food chain.
Old 03-May-2012, 22:01   #12
AlphaWolf
Specious Misanthrope

Look at it this way, food companies are selling you chemicals (and lying about what they are) that you are expected to ingest.
Old 03-May-2012, 22:30   #13
Rangers
Regular

I hope the thread title is a joke. Obama is 500,000X times the war criminal Ollie North was.

Pretty funny, but not surprising the OP Didn't have his most basic facts straight either.
Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-May-2012, 22:31   #14
Rangers
Regular

Quote:
Look at it this way, food companies are selling you chemicals (and lying about what they are) that you are expected to ingest.
I think we should just turn everything over to the govt. Obviously these evil corporations cant handle it.

I mean isn't that the point of these 10 billion internet posts everyday? Just do it already.
Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-May-2012, 06:58   #15
Dr Evil
Anas platyrhynchos

Food and drug companies gets my vote for being most evil. Software is nothing compared to those.
Dr Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-May-2012, 08:19   #16
I.S.T.

Food, drug and chemical companies tend to be the overall most evils ones, though credit goes to anyone who uses Foxconn and Foxxconn themselves for trying so hard to win the most evil company award!
I.S.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-May-2012, 08:43   #17
Grall
Invisible Member

When it comes to far eastern manufacturing I'm sure the textile industry beats Foxconn by a landslide, particularly outside of China, where conditions are even worse. Every now and then you hear of dozens of people who have burned to death in sweatshop fires where the doors were locked and windows barred to prevent workers from not working, or as happened some months ago, where many workers collapsed from chemical gases and exhaustion, and some even died I believe. I can't remember where that was, Bangladesh or maybe Pakistan.
Old 04-May-2012, 22:35   #18
snarfbot

bp is pretty bad, maybe marginally worse than activision.

if activision could make money by destroying the environment they probably would though.
snarfbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-May-2012, 12:32   #19
itsmydamnation

Quote:
I
no they dont.
itsmydamnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-May-2012, 21:10   #20
Grall
Invisible Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmydamnation View Post
no they dont.
Care to elaborate on that?
Old 06-May-2012, 04:19   #21
itsmydamnation

Quote:
Care to elaborate on that?
sure, Vivendi bought a 52% stake in Activision. Vivendi then setup a holding company (Activision Blizzard), both Activision and Blizzard are subsidiaries of that holding company, Activision Blizzard.

So in no way did activision buy blizzard and in no way does activision have direct influence over blizzard.
Old 06-May-2012, 04:43   #22
AlphaWolf
Specious Misanthrope

Quote:
So in no way did activision buy blizzard and in no way does activision have direct influence over blizzard.
Other than the CEO of said company being the former CEO of Activision.
Old 06-May-2012, 05:51   #23
itsmydamnation

Quote:
Other than the CEO of said company being the former CEO of Activision.
are you sure? if you are referring to much loved Bobby Kotick then he isn't the CEO of Blizzard. the CEO of blizzard is one of its co-founders
Old 06-May-2012, 06:20   #24
AlphaWolf
Specious Misanthrope

Quote:
are you sure? if you are referring to much loved Bobby Kotick then he isn't the CEO of Blizzard. the CEO of blizzard is one of its co-founders
Quote:
Robert A. Kotick (born 1963),[1] also known as Bobby Kotick, is the CEO, president, and a director of Activision Blizzard. On February 16, 2012 he was elected a director of The Coca-Cola Company, a job he now performs in conjunction with his role at Activision Blizzard.
Yes I'm sure.
Old 06-May-2012, 07:21   #25
itsmydamnation

in that case read your own quote ,
Quote:
Robert A. Kotick (born 1963),[1] also known as Bobby Kotick, is the CEO, president, and a director of Activision Blizzard. On February 16, 2012 he was elected a director of The Coca-Cola Company, a job he now performs in conjunction with his role at Activision Blizzard.
or understand the point of holding companies, so long as a subsidiary you meet your financial targets holding companies rarely care.