Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 12-Apr-2012, 07:33   #26
Rangers
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRocks View Post
So its urban + foliage this time. It would be so much better if they go the Far Cry 3 way. Look at that game, its freaking beautiful !
On PC...
Rangers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Apr-2012, 12:53   #27
fearsomepirate
Dinosaur Hunter

Send a message via AIM to fearsomepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbliverpool View Post
It'll be interesting to see if Crytek learned their lesson from Crysis 2 with relation to the PC crown. DX11/ultra settings from the start and plenty of graphics options......
What lesson? That PC gamers will say, "I pirated it because screw them for not pushing my system to the max!" instead of saying "I pirated it because screw them for making a game the best PC can't run on ultra settings"?
Old 12-Apr-2012, 19:28   #28
pjbliverpool
B3D Scallywag

Send a message via MSN to pjbliverpool

Or they could just release it with the settings it eventually got from the start and neither of those scenarios would have been accurate. And please dont make out that all pc gamers are pirates. There are plenty of pc gamers here at b3d and i havent seen one post about pirating either game for any reason - despite some people having genuine grievences with the second game.

8086 8Mhz -> Pentium 90 -> K6-2 233Mhz -> Athlon 'Thunderbird' 1Ghz -> AthlonXP 2400+ 2Ghz -> Core2 Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz -> Core i5 2500K 3.3Ghz
pjbliverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Apr-2012, 20:02   #29
dragonelite

All they had to do is fix that stupid AI and i would have called Crysis 2 best Fps Single player of 2011.
I double dipped the game(360,pc) bought it on amazon last week couldn't pass it for 7.50.
dragonelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Apr-2012, 03:43   #30
fearsomepirate
Dinosaur Hunter

Send a message via AIM to fearsomepirate

I was being semi-sarcastic (since B3D is one of those places where acting like you're some kind of moral hero for pirating software will get you run out). But IIRC, the reason Crysis 2 was targeted at consoles was that the pirateurchase ratio on Crysis 1 was somewhere north of 10:1. And despite complaints with Crysis 2, it actually did look a lot better on PC than on console. Contrast that with the COD games, where the only difference on the PC is higher resolution, AA, AF, etc.

I didn't have any complaints with the AI. The enemies rarely saw me, and I made them die a lot. It was a lot more fun than a COD campaign.
Old 13-Apr-2012, 07:08   #31
Rangers
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonelite View Post
All they had to do is fix that stupid AI and i would have called Crysis 2 best Fps Single player of 2011.
I double dipped the game(360,pc) bought it on amazon last week couldn't pass it for 7.50.
Yeah, I double dipped it as well (though I think I paid 20+ some months ago), anybody with a PC+console probably did. I bet it held it's price and sold pretty well over time, even though Crytek was a bit disappointed for it's sales initially (I recall them saying "sales according to plan, but secretly we had hoped for more") and that is why we are getting a sequel. It is one of the highest production value games out there and especially on PC. And for all the bashing for being consolized, it's also one of the few games that bothers to look noticeably better on PC.
Old 16-Apr-2012, 18:00   #32
Cornsnake

Quote:
Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation's motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. These were CELL's covert attempt at a land and technology grab in its quest for global domination. "With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet's quest for retribution," reads the official blurb.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-story-details

So now the both the Ceph and Cell are trying to take over the world? They really aren't worried about making any sense at all.
Cornsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Apr-2012, 22:36   #33
Reiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornsnake View Post
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-story-details

So now the both the Ceph and Cell are trying to take over the world? They really aren't worried about making any sense at all.
Not surprising. The story for Crysis 2 gave me a headache.
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Apr-2012, 23:08   #34
almighty
Naughty Boy!

Screenshots are here!

Source
almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Apr-2012, 23:54   #35
Reiko

Looking at those pics... This should have been a Next Gen Launch Title...

And if I'm right... Crytek might port over a proper Crysis 2 & 3 to the Xbox 720 and PS4.
Old 17-Apr-2012, 00:28   #36
almighty
Naughty Boy!

At least on my PC I know I can get very close to the IQ shown in the pictures, on console...well that's a different matter.

But yes, they should of held this for a next gen console launch title.
almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 02:04   #37
ZeroEx

Does this game really deserve another numeral?
It looks just like Crysis 2 with broken buildings a more trees. Probably has the same main character from the last game. This should be called Crysis 2: Urban Jungle or something.

Anyways, looks like a good looking game, although these must be bullshots cause I can't imagine the game looking this clean.

Looking forward to some of the enhancements they will bring to the PC version, and hopefully they'll have made improvements to the PS3 and Xbox 360 console builds for a stable, never below 30fps experience.
ZeroEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 06:23   #38
RedVi

I didn't even bother with the second after hearing feedback about the linear maps and stupid AI. I was going to purchase it after the DX11 patch came out but seeing what they did with tessellation I was pretty damn annoyed to say the least.

Will the PC version make proper use of tessellation this time, not just 1mil poly concrete blocks with no noticeable increase in detail? How about clipping so the heavily GPU taxing tessellated water isn't rendered in just about every scene... without water. Or will Nvidia pay them some money to purposely make things inefficient again? Just to play on the strengths of their GPU's vs the competition while still making the customer lose out on both sides.

If they don't do this stuff properly this time the game is going to look inefficient and probably not that impressive once the first next gen console games role out.
RedVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 09:55   #39
dragonelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by almighty View Post
At least on my PC I know I can get very close to the IQ shown in the pictures, on console...well that's a different matter.

I really need to find a summer job fast. Need money to make a new pc or upgrade current one new mobo time a ivy bridge one and whatever the best money/power gpu is around august/september. And put some money aside for next gen xbox
dragonelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 12:11   #40
Arwin
Now Officially a Top 10 Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by almighty View Post
They need to bring out stuff regularly to promote their CryEngine 3 engine, so that developers pick it for next-gen development (as well as current gen). That needs to be done now, and cannot wait until the next gen actually launches, because by then it would be way too late.
Arwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 13:00   #41
ultragpu

I don't know Crytek, not sure if these screenshots can match up to Unreal Engine 4. They still look really good but I'm not one bit blown away yet.
ultragpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 13:20   #42
Prophecy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultragpu View Post
I don't know Crytek, not sure if these screenshots can match up to Unreal Engine 4. They still look really good but I'm not one bit blown away yet.
Does this imply that you've seen Unreal Engine 4?
Prophecy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 15:38   #43
ultragpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy2k View Post
Does this imply that you've seen Unreal Engine 4?
Haha unfortunately no, sorry for the confusion mate. But just going by what Epic has described of UE4, it just seems to be on a whole different level than what's shown here. And honestly judging by these shots they look almost exactly like Crysis 2, though of course the video might show more improvements. The thing is, if this game is also on current gen consoles then the art assets, level design and gameplay would have to be held back. In a way, I can say it's not "native nextgen" if you know what I mean.
ultragpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 15:49   #44
Prophecy2k

awww shucks... I was hoping for some epic leakage up in here.
Old 17-Apr-2012, 15:51   #45
Reiko

Quote:
Haha unfortunately no, sorry for the confusion mate. But just going by what Epic has described of UE4, it just seems to be on a whole different level than what's shown here. And honestly judging by these shots they look almost exactly like Crysis 2, though of course the video might show more improvements. The thing is, if this game is also on current gen consoles then the art assets, level design and gameplay would have to be held back. In a way, I can say it's not "native nextgen" if you know what I mean.
If Crysis 3 is using Direct X11 heavily on the PC it would imply that it is native next gen.

Since you know, current gen consoles are Direct X9...
Old 17-Apr-2012, 15:59   #46
Rangers
Regular

Quote:
I would consider the generation basis to be the consoles it's on.

EG PS3, 360, =current gen (with some spiffing up on PC)

I dont think this is the next gen Crysis you're looking for. That doesn't make it bad or even not the best looking game out there (if C2 is an indication) imo.

If it was for durango/orbis, then it would be next gen, and hopefully blow our minds like you expect a Crysis title to do.

On consoles I doubt it will look significantly better than C2, as that game pushes consoles about as far as they will be imo. But it'll still be really pretty. If they can clean up some of the pop in and framerate I'd be happy.
Old 17-Apr-2012, 16:01   #47
RenegadeRocks

Reminds me of Enslaved ! They had the same nature-takes-over-New-York visuals (but they have amazing sense of colours)!
The awesome trailer on youtube !
Renegade's Muse !
RenegadeRocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 16:03   #48
RenegadeRocks

This also means The Last of Us and Crysis 3 will be compared a lot, they both have the same setting too ! Where's the creativity gone? what happened to games that were set on other planets ? Gaming is doomed !
The awesome trailer on youtube !
Renegade's Muse !
RenegadeRocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2012, 16:06   #49
Reiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRocks View Post
This also means The Last of Us and Crysis 3 will be compared a lot, they both have the same setting too ! Where's the creativity gone? what happened to games that were set on other planets ? Gaming is doomed !

Freaky huh? Only thing separating the 2 is the abundance of water based physics in Crysis.
Old 17-Apr-2012, 16:53   #50
Prophecy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
Freaky huh? Only thing separating the 2 is the abundance of water based physics in Crysis.
whoa.... I'm intrigued as to how Crytek's "water based physics" differs from classical or more modern physics theory