Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 31-Mar-2012, 05:48   #601
cthellis42
Hoopy Frood

Send a message via ICQ to cthellis42 Send a message via AIM to cthellis42 Send a message via Skype™ to cthellis42

Good game.

WILL probably frustrate the hell out of you.
Old 07-Apr-2012, 22:32   #602
Sigfried1977

Shank 2 and Need For Speed Shift 2 are free for PS+ members at the moment (in Europe at least). Downloaded Shift2. Don't like it one bit. I think it feels completely terrible. Granted, I'm not a big fan of sim racers in the first place, but when playing various iterations of Gran Turismo over the years, I always got a great feel for the vehicles in relation to the track. Not so much in Shift 2 unfortunately. Cars just feels oddly floaty and sorta disconnected from the road, and the controls are annoyingly jumpy.
Sigfried1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-Apr-2012, 08:36   #603
DJ12

It's far worse when you get powerful cars. i set the downforce to max that sometimes helps
DJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Apr-2012, 13:51   #604
Arwin
Now Officially a Top 10 Poster

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...n-and-ps-vita/

The good news here is that if you already have Zen Pinball on PS3, you'll get that updated to Zen Pinball 2 for free, and you'll keep your content which will show up automatically, and same for the Marvel stuff.

For those who also have a Vita, it looks like you'll buy the Vita version, but then all the DLC you already have and/or purchase for the PS3 version won't have to be bought again for the Vita version.

In the US, you seem to be getting the Pinball Arcade game sometime soon as well. This one has full 'buy one, get both PS3 and Vita versions support. No news on an EU release date for that one, and I assume that could be tricky - the Williams Pinball Collection took a long time to be released over here and that was by the same guys. Could be that European licences are held buy various different parties making negotiations complex.
Arwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Apr-2012, 14:09   #605
Sigfried1977

The Pinball Arcade supposedly comes out today in the US and according to Farsight studios it's still scheduled for a release tomorrow in Europe. The Williams Collection's insanely delayed release was just a screw-up on Crave's behalf as far as I recall (and only the PS3 version was affected). These aren't tables based on movies or other more exotic licenses after all.
Old 10-Apr-2012, 14:31   #606
Sigfried1977

Seems you are right. PSN release in Europe for the "localised" version of The Pinball Arcade (because loacalising a Pinball game must be a shit ton of work, right? Oh wait, it's been on the EU XBLA marketplace since the 4th. What a surprise. Not.) version next month. I wonder whether these Sony dim wits will ever get their act together. This is certainly not the way to win the war for digital delivery.
Old 19-Jul-2012, 09:22   #607
RenegadeRocks

Got PS+ subscription last month and I have to say I am overwhelmed and too happy I got it.
I recieved:

LBP2 : (a;ways wanted to have it, never got it till now)
Infamous 2: (Had it sold it to get a new ps3, so I am glad I have it again as I love Infamous 1)
Motorstorm Apocalypse: (Seems to be good from what I played till now.My love Pacific Rift is too strong)
Darksiders: (One of the best games, always wanted it)
Oddworld Strangers Wrath : (Wanted it so much, Thank you SOny)
Deus Ex:HR : (Surprised that they gave it for free, its supposedly MGS-level good. Can't wait to try it out)
Warhammer40K:Space Marine : (found it lacking and average)
Virtua Fighter 5 : (Oh Boy ! This is so damn good ! )
Renegade Ops (Already had it, super fun in co-op but sadly no trophies in co-op)

and just yesterday they gave us :

Saints Row 2 (was gonna buy it used this weekend, but now I have it for free! Yay !)
Lara Croft :Guardian of Light (Was gonna buy it over Steam Sale , good that I didn't !)

ANd there are more games like CHimes, Wakeboarding etc, which I can't even remember how many I am entitled to.

Add to that :

1)We'll keep getting one game each month
2)and two new games every three months!

All in All the one year subscription is totally worth the money ! This is the best deal ever. And I got it for $30 only. I think if subscription gaming is the future, I am in already.

The only problem is my download speeds. I get 4 mbps, but I only get to download around 15 gbs with that. After that my connections slogs at 512kbps.
The awesome trailer on youtube !
Renegade's Muse !
RenegadeRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jul-2012, 09:37   #608
Arwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigfried1977
Seems you are right. PSN release in Europe for the "localised" version of The Pinball Arcade (because loacalising a Pinball game must be a shit ton of work, right? Oh wait, it's been on the EU XBLA marketplace since the 4th. What a surprise. Not.) version next month. I wonder whether these Sony dim wits will ever get their act together. This is certainly not the way to win the war for digital delivery.
In the end Sony ask them to hold it back one additional month for simultaneous release with the Vita version, to emphasize the buy once get both aspect. Loving it on Vita.

@Renegade: yeah, PSN+ has gotten off the charts amazing
Old 19-Jul-2012, 16:43   #609
Gitaroo

wonder how sony are able to pull all these deals, do they actually make money? MS is basically getting free cash just for providing online play..........
Gitaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jul-2012, 17:51   #610
Cornsnake

These are older games, well not that old in some cases, but old enough that they already had most of their lifetime sales. This way they can reach a much wider audience that they may not have been able to reach otherwise. And who knows, maybe they'll buy the next games in the series at full price if they like these. And of course Sony is still making from selling PS+ subscriptions.

For me this is the first time Sony is offering something I think is worth paying a PS+ subscription for.
Cornsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jul-2012, 20:14   #611
Npl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo View Post
wonder how sony are able to pull all these deals, do they actually make money? MS is basically getting free cash just for providing online play..........
In many cases those might be the gateway drugs, several of those games have DLC which is at a reduced price but not free.
And in some way you get really dependent on your PS+ subscription, all the freebies only work when you are subscribed. And as someone who is just a year on PS+, the freebies add up even if you dont count the recent craziness
Npl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jul-2012, 04:32   #612
RenegadeRocks

SOme of then are not so old, like Oddworld is fairly new and I was contemplating buying it. Infamous 2 might be old now, but it still is a fantastic buy. Add to all these, we'll get new Indie releases too. In total, we have been promised 45 games in an year, which is HUGE if the games maintain the kindof quality they have shown till now.
Renegade's Muse !
Old 01-Aug-2012, 23:28   #613
llcoolkm
Registered

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: anyone tried it, is it crap?
llcoolkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Aug-2012, 12:22   #614
tuna

Still no Dyad in the EU, goddammit SCEE!!
tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-Aug-2012, 15:26   #615
Sigfried1977

When people asked him about Dyad's EU release date (in the official PS Blog I believe), the guy replied it's still "at least a month away" iirc.
Old 02-Aug-2012, 15:54   #616
Billy Idol

Quote:
When people asked him about Dyad's EU release date (in the official PS Blog I believe), the guy replied it's still "at least a month away" iirc.
What is Dyad?

Edit: just googled it. Looks ok-ish?!
Old 02-Aug-2012, 16:02   #617
Arwin

Most podcasts I listen to loved it, except the Player One Podcast, who think it is way overhyped by the gaming press and it is a version of bits of gameplay that all have been done better in the past (I think that's about what they said).
Old 03-Aug-2012, 09:35   #618
RenegadeRocks

WOW ! Dead SPace 2 and Rock of Ages free for PS+. This is turning out better than I ever imagined ! I had almost bought both of these games a few weeks back. Tank goodness I didn't !

Lesson learnt from PS+: Don't buy anything except PC exclusives on Steam sales. It might just go free anytime on PSN !
Renegade's Muse !
Old 03-Aug-2012, 10:59   #619
Sigfried1977

Puddle is kinda neat actually. I also bought GTA Chinatown Wars for 5.
Old 03-Aug-2012, 11:16   #620
Arwin

Quote:
Puddle is kinda neat actually. I also bought GTA Chinatown Wars for 5€.
Tried the demo but so far not yet convinced. It seems a bit slow and the levels too long.
Old 03-Aug-2012, 11:34   #621
Sigfried1977

It gets better. I also wouldn't call the levels long. Most of them take little more than a minute to complete.
That said, it isn't by any means the greatest game ever. Just a fun little diversion.
Old 11-Aug-2012, 20:26   #622
Cornsnake

I finally found something I like among the games that are free with PS+. Motorstorm Apocalypse. I have the first Motorstorm. It's a nice game, but I hated the rubberband AI. That seems much less of an issue with Apocalypse. It's a pleasant surprise from a game I wouldn't have bothered with if it wasn't for free.
Cornsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Aug-2012, 22:47   #623
Arwin

Let me know how you feel about the game when you've driven the twister level for the first time. It is definitely one of the higlights for me of this whole console generation ...
Old 12-Aug-2012, 12:38   #624
JPT

I got Apocalypse, but never really got a round to play it except for a few one of races, but liked that.
JPT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Aug-2012, 15:39   #625
RenegadeRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornsnake View Post
I finally found something I like among the games that are free with PS+. Motorstorm Apocalypse. I have the first Motorstorm. It's a nice game, but I hated the rubberband AI. That seems much less of an issue with Apocalypse. It's a pleasant surprise from a game I wouldn't have bothered with if it wasn't for free.
What ?!?!?! You don't like Darksiders ??!?!?!
Renegade's Muse !