Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 28-Jun-2011, 01:22   #26
patsu
Regular

Ha ha, have you played it yet ?
My wife pays up to hundreds of dollars for paintings we just hang on the wall They do nothing, just hang their. Journey is interactive, so it does more than our paintings. Art can be expensive! Get over it!
-- 3rdamention@GAF
patsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jun-2011, 02:01   #27
Sigfried1977

No, just looked my colleague over the shoulder while he took video material from it for our review. Certainly not horrible in any way, shape or form (other than the texture streaming issues which are quite glaring), but not especially good either.
Sigfried1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jun-2011, 06:36   #28
RenegadeRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigfried1977 View Post
I firmly believe that no-one would give damn about this game if it wasn't for the Mikami/Suda/Yamaoka branding (little known fact: the game's director is actually a guy named Massimo Guarini). Looks very much like a budget tps to me, with generic fodder enemies and "shoot the glowing weak spot"-bosses. A budget game with a lot of dick jokes for sure, but still a budget game. Not much better than Wet. RE4 minus all the creativity, ingenuity and polish basically.
I also believe that its getting attention only because of the names, otherwise if u look at its gameplay vids without knowing who is involved, it pretty much looks like a budget title. I have heard it gets much more colourful /creative environments-wise later in the game, though.

I think they should have priced it as a budget title too, would have helped a lot in sales in this year full of AAA stuff, especially on the ps3 ! But from what I heard from friends, except for the aiming which feels sluggish, they seem to love the game's style/premise and gameplay of alternating between melee and shooting ! Hope I get my hands on it someday when its cheaper.
The awesome trailer on youtube !
Renegade's Muse !
RenegadeRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jun-2011, 11:04   #29
Sigfried1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRocks View Post
Hope I get my hands on it someday when its cheaper.
Same here. 60 for an 8 hour game is just way too much. RE4 was more than twice as long and had a fun bonus mode. RE5 had the same bonus mode and an addictive new game+ implementation. Lack of new game+ in Shadows of the Damned is very surprising considering how it is completely impossible to max out everything in a single run through the game.
Sigfried1977 is offline   Reply With Quote