Welcome, Unregistered.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Closed Thread
Old 24-Mar-2011, 17:52   #1651
homerdog
hardly a Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaaye View Post
Maybe the game was fast tracked and DX11 put on the back burner in order to get the game out? DX11 is probably a low priority frankly because of it being a fraction of a fraction of their target audience now. A depressing fact of life these days.
Maybe in 2007, but practically all gaming capable PCs now can take advantage of DX11. Crysis 2 is DX9 because of the consoles. Not even Crytek could argue otherwise.
Releasing a game in 2010 without AA is a completely foreign concept to me. If the technique you're using makes it impossible to use AA then you're using the wrong techniques. As simple as that. Releasing a PC game without AA options is OK only if that means you can only have it enabled[...]
Old 24-Mar-2011, 17:55   #1652
Svensk Viking

Shogun 2 Total War is also just a DX9 game for now and is going to get a DX11 patch, so as one can see, Crytek aren't the only one skipping DX11 at launch...
And Shogun 2 is a PC exclusive
Old 24-Mar-2011, 17:55   #1653
Aeoniss

Hate to sound like a broken record here, but is there anyway to enable aim assist for the MP for gamepads?

I mean via config files or something.
Old 24-Mar-2011, 18:14   #1654
Silent_Buddha
Regular

Since Crysis 2 features cheat detection, I doubt it as that's a gameplay affecting feature rather than just affecting visuals only.

Regards,
SB
Old 24-Mar-2011, 18:22   #1655
homerdog
hardly a Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensk Viking View Post
Shogun 2 Total War is also just a DX9 game for now and is going to get a DX11 patch, so as one can see, Crytek aren't the only one skipping DX11 at launch...
And Shogun 2 is a PC exclusive
Very odd decision by Creative Assembly, but at least they're taking the DX11 path seriously.
Releasing a game in 2010 without AA is a completely foreign concept to me. If the technique you're using makes it impossible to use AA then you're using the wrong techniques. As simple as that. Releasing a PC game without AA options is OK only if that means you can only have it enabled[...]
Old 24-Mar-2011, 18:33   #1656
kyleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laa-Yosh View Post
kyleb, you're roasting Crytek for something that doesn't warrant it.
Roasting Crytek? WTF Laa-Yosh, is Cevat Yerli your mother?

Seriously, it's a good game, with flagrantly borked reflections all throughout it. Again, you haven't even played the game, have you? Regardless, you can't provide an example of any other game with such messed up reflections that they literally follow you around the map, can you?

Last edited by kyleb; 24-Mar-2011 at 18:47.
Old 24-Mar-2011, 18:47   #1657
Skinner

Just started and I have to say, with some proper AA, is SSAA possible?!! please (I'haven't find a way yet) and some POM or tess, it will be a nice looking game. I just wish there was a way to enable SSAA and get rid of the objective assists.

The harsh reviews are a bit off, the consolization hase taken please but it's not the end of the world as the end product still way above the averidge.
Old 24-Mar-2011, 19:42   #1658
Farid
Artist formely known as Vysez

Icon Exclaim

The discussion continues in Neb's DX11 powered thread!

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=59839

Closed Thread

Tags
nebula's dream, pc rulez